PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Critique for a 5 minute Short Film.

FedeleE
07-27-2014, 09:30 PM
I created this short film as a final for my high school film class this past semester. I created it, as in, wrote, shot, directed, essentially any word that a high school senior creating a film with his friends acting in would use to convey he essentially did it alone. But, anyway, after viewing it several times, many weeks after finishing it, I have created a list of critiques for myself, but I am quite interested in what other people think of it. (people that aren't biased as they weren't a part of the film's production.)

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any comments I receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDmdyrLl5-k

Anthony Berardo
07-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Overall I found it good. The story, the camera and style of the movie is cool. the main problem I see is the dialogue quality(sound wise) is very poor, sentences gets lost, it would have been great with a bit of post prod on the audio.
Good luck with your studies.

FedeleE
07-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Thank you! I was quite unhappy with how the dialogue turned out. The only equipment I currently use for audio recording is a Tascam DR-40. (The only microphones I own are the ones built into the audio recorder.) I do need to learn to edit and record the sound more effectively with what I have, though. Thank you again for the feedback! I really appreciate it and I hope all is well.