PDA

View Full Version : Slenderman part 1

CryBaby Productions
06-19-2014, 08:07 PM
check out the first video of many to come, about a boy that has started to see slenderman. please give an honest critique I kno this video is a little dark keep in mind I filled this with a cell phone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXq2svgWmI

CryBaby Productions
06-20-2014, 06:51 AM
I understand that it drags a little in the beginning but any more critiques would be helpful so I can adjust my shooting for part 2 thank you

IndieMovieMaker
06-20-2014, 04:25 PM
That was pretty good. Alot to improve on though. The acting could be better, the effects could be better and the story was very weak. In fact, there was no story at all. Part 1 (this one) could be a prequel to part 2 and part 2 could involve a story. If that happened my view would be different. Keep up the good work! :)

CryBaby Productions
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
ok thanks ill make sure that part 2 involes a lot more of a story. as for the acting I don't kno if I can get much more out of a 4 year old lol

IndieMovieMaker
06-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Sorry, i did not mean to sound rude or mean. For a four year old it is actually quite impressive. My younger brother (who is 4) could not be that good. So, for a four year old, its great. Also, i praise you for using kids in it, some people just say no to film making because there only actors are kids and they do not want to use kids. Keep up the good work!

P.S I love the CryBaby Productions intro at the start!

CryBaby Productions
06-20-2014, 06:15 PM
thanks bud. ill keep trying ill make sure to post when I make the second part of the film ill take you critiques into consideration

Aaron Jones
06-20-2014, 11:11 PM
What software do you use to edit? Do you have a green screen? I love seeing your kids involved in all your videos you have posted so far. I think you are indeed on to something that will be bring lots of possibilities. Family working together is always an awesome thing. Getting kids involved with film making so early can only spell out progression and improvement as they get older and will lead to success. Keep up the good work bro...

CryBaby Productions
06-21-2014, 08:24 AM
thanks right now I use adobe after effect. adobe audition, power director, boujou, and im trying to learn to use 3ds max 2013 for animation. thanks for the support hopefully if the kids are in a good mood today I can get another video up :-)

Aaron Jones
06-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Try getting a green screen and seeing what you can do with that. It will enhance your videos even more it is almost like being a magician and using slight of hand to direct the audience's focus.