PDA

View Full Version : I edited my first fan music video for rapper, Wiz Khalifa - "James Bong"

akirostyle
06-18-2014, 05:05 PM
My first time editing something like this. Let me know how it is
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjF6XlJ2fLc

Aaron Jones
06-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Nice for your first go round. I do have one suggestion... When wanting to introduce other scenes like Bruce Lee or Tiger maybe a clever way of showing of displaying it like on a Flat screen tv or or showing someone watching it on there phone. All in all great job for you first one. Try and film as many different scenes as possible so that you have a lot to choose from when stitching them together. Keep them coming!

akirostyle
06-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Nice for your first go round. I do have one suggestion... When wanting to introduce other scenes like Bruce Lee or Tiger maybe a clever way of showing of displaying it like on a Flat screen tv or or showing someone watching it on there phone. All in all great job for you first one. Try and film as many different scenes as possible so that you have a lot to choose from when stitching them together. Keep them coming!
thank you! Yeah with more practice I'll definitely learn some tricks that should help me stitch all the clips together even smoother next time. Thanks for replying :)

Aaron Jones
06-19-2014, 04:11 PM
This time was good. I bet it felt good to finish it too. I just wanted to give a few things to keep in mind next time. I learned a great deal from this site. Actually when I got here I knew nothing and the people here were nice enough to give me helpful hints on how to progress. My first one that was crappy felt good when I finished it. At least it was something under my belt and gave me a great deal of learning experience through the process as Im sure this one was for you. Try this time getting a local group that has a recording and making a music video for them so you can go through the process of the real thing. You will have a blast filmimg directing and being able to see yout creative vision unfold. If you are not comfortable with advanced things just keep it simple. Try not to be too elaborate shoot many different scenes and then tell the story and get the point across by your editing. I hope this helps. And for the love of God have fun with it! I look forward to seeing the next one.

akirostyle
06-19-2014, 04:26 PM
This time was good. I bet it felt good to finish it too. I just wanted to give a few things to keep in mind next time. I learned a great deal from this site. Actually when I got here I knew nothing and the people here were nice enough to give me helpful hints on how to progress. My first one that was crappy felt good when I finished it. At least it was something under my belt and gave me a great deal of learning experience through the process as Im sure this one was for you. Try this time getting a local group that has a recording and making a music video for them so you can go through the process of the real thing. You will have a blast filmimg directing and being able to see yout creative vision unfold. If you are not comfortable with advanced things just keep it simple. Try not to be too elaborate shoot many different scenes and then tell the story and get the point across by your editing. I hope this helps. And for the love of God have fun with it! I look forward to seeing the next one.

youre right it felt absolutely great. Playing through it and seeing the work come together was great. And I'm way ahead of you, I'm planning on filming, directing, and editing a music video for my friend very soon. We've already talked about it. I'm wicked excited and will make sure to post here for you guys. Thanks for the kind words!

Aaron Jones
06-19-2014, 04:40 PM
No problem, just make sure he has a pre reorded version that you have them perform to every take and you will do well in post editing . Good luck bro...

akirostyle
06-19-2014, 05:08 PM
No problem, just make sure he has a pre reorded version that you have them perform to every take and you will do well in post editing . Good luck bro...

Yup that's exactly the plan!