PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Myself To Edit



UniqueAmI
06-03-2014, 01:50 PM
There was a thread I just saw that made me think of this video I made when I was first learning to edit.

If you can make it through the shitty acting (there is a narrative) you'll see the editing on this is pretty cool. Of course I did it all by myself. I'm the friendless friend.

I called it "Exorcizing the Edit". A little word play. Okay, you know what you can do...


http://youtu.be/xxZxtwMPc20

UniqueAmI
06-04-2014, 02:47 PM
32 views and not one response. I'm guessing the magnificent acting surpassed the editing techniques. So, I'll ask a simple question... How many actors do you see in the picture above? I'll even make it multiple choice.

A) 1

B) 2

C) 4

Aaron Jones
06-05-2014, 08:45 AM
LOL!, I starting really laughing when the guy in the leather jacket with the gun started dancing. It became hilarious to me and dawned on me that it was a comedy.

To answer your question 1 actor.

UniqueAmI
06-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm a simply terrible actor. But, you're right, both of those guys are me. Which makes the editing pretty neat.

Aaron Jones
06-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I actually think that this could be something worth making... It has some good points. It was obviously purposeful for comedy when I saw the music video scene. The foot gun went over my head... A new entrance to of the bad guy including dialog. replace the foot gun with a weapon conjured from your mind giving validity to the abstract comedic feel. a little tweak here and there I think you would be worth making at least. I'm not talking box office hit but entertaining to watch...

UniqueAmI
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks. But, I've got so many other things I'd like to do. My short for one, and I have a full length surreal musical I'd love to shoot.

Of course I need to find a job.

Is it possible to sue a company for unjustified firing? This is 100% true. No one has argued that I didn't do 95% of the everyday work. I was fired because I refused to do the work my Manager agreed in the presence of our DM that she would do. Which is the other 5%. How fucked up is that?

Aaron Jones
06-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Well there are lawyers that will take that case pro bono because of the nature of the open and shut case you have. Long as you can have a witness or two to coincide with what you are saying you did then lawyers would eat that up. In the mean time grab another 9 to 5.

Zororak
06-15-2014, 04:33 AM
nice edit. although i do suggest you looks for some other microphone. im guessing you used the one on the camera and it sounds pretty bad. but nice work.