PDA

View Full Version : What is your Muse?

NHummel
05-06-2014, 10:54 PM
What gives you your ideas, and inspiration?

I know a few writers that fit the stereotypes: Alcohol, Drugs, etc. I have had some luck in the past with such influences in my work, but I have found that those things really don't do much for my inspiration. Although, I did write a pretty wicked short script on Vicodin once(Don't worry, I had a prescription, and took a regular dose).

My muse however is the people I am closest to, the people I love. Simply having them on my mind, or nearby really helps my inspiration when it comes to writing.

What is yours?

mara
05-07-2014, 05:04 AM
The people I know and love, and the situations that they and I go through are the inspiration for everything I write.
Nothing that I write is literally true, but it's all inspired by true events and people.

I try NOT to think too hard when I'm coming up with an idea - let my mind be open to ideas, or more likely the whisps of ideas.
Sometimes it happens when having a drink and looking at the ocean or the mountains...other times on a long drive listening to good music.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-09-2014, 12:14 PM
The people I know and love, and the situations that they and I go through are the inspiration for everything I write.
Nothing that I write is literally true, but it's all inspired by true events and people.

I try NOT to think too hard when I'm coming up with an idea - let my mind be open to ideas, or more likely the whisps of ideas.
Sometimes it happens when having a drink and looking at the ocean or the mountains...other times on a long drive listening to good music.
Agreed, random situations I get into inspire many ideas.