PDA

View Full Version : Sound effect help?

3RightsFilms
04-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to achieve a couple certain sounds in voice audio for an upcoming project. One would be where the voice of the character is starting to succumb to his injuries and all the voices he hears are starting to becoming indistinct, dull and echoy, as he's about to black out. I'm also setting up a POV scene and I want the voice of the character being portrayed to sound as if the audience is really looking through his eyes and his voice would sound like as if he were speaking, my only worry is that if I record his voice and add it in later, it wouldn't sound natural. Thanks!

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Just record it in camera, and then add any effects you want later.. unless I'm missing something.

NickAtMixxus
04-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I think I understand what you're after and think it can be done with the right tools.
the voices he hears are starting to becoming indistinct, dull and echoy. Some good filter and reverb processing should take care of that.

the voice of the character being portrayed to sound as if the audience is really looking through his eyes That would also be possible.
But I'm not sure what you mean with
my only worry is that if I record his voice and add it in later, it wouldn't sound natural

andrebrito
06-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Just record the dialogues with the cleanest sound possible

Dialogue can be made indistinct by using reverb and EQ at 1000 - 2000 Hz reducing speech intelligibility, using other sounds to mask the dialogue
as well.

Not sure what you meant by "I want the voice of the character being portrayed to sound as if the audience is really looking through his eyes and his voice would sound like as if he were speaking"... maybe dialogue sound with lots of breathing like you are scuba diving ? is that it ? Eq can help on the case as well

-----
http://www.soundcloud.com/andredebrito
http://www.andredebrito.com

martynuk
06-17-2014, 08:11 AM
My advice would be to get all the sound from the same set, recorder and mic, that way you have no obvious changes on your sound track.
So lots of planning ahead, get lots of takes, then when you edit you have options to choose from.
Oh and explain as fully as possible to your actors what you want and why you want it that way, hopefully then you will have them perform better because they will understand too.