PDA

View Full Version : Free music and soundscapes for you projects

Eric Matyas
04-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a new site up with royalty free music you can use in your projects if you like. It's all my own original stuff. The site is brand new...about 130 pieces...and I'm adding new ones all the time.

www.soundimage.org

I hope it's helpful.

Eric

Littlemonkey
04-13-2014, 01:25 AM
You've got some great tunes there. Just one question you said that there are free - I couldn't find a download button, is there one?
Still some great film music though - if I find a download button I'll probably use some on my next project.

Eric Matyas
04-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Thanks...I appreciate your feedback.

To download, simply right click on the link under the player for any given piece and choose "save link as." Then choose the location on your system where you want to music to be saved to. It will save the file as an MP3.

If you have any problems, just give me a shout.

Eric

Littlemonkey
04-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Thanks Eric. Look forward to using some of them.

Eric Matyas
04-13-2014, 09:20 AM
No problem. The cost of licensing music has gotten so out of control that it's become out of reach for most of us. I've used free music from other sites in my own projects and they've been a real life-saver. So I hope my music is helpful to others.

Mick Scarborough
04-13-2014, 06:27 PM
The link for the license on the website states not for commercial use. Most, if not all, of us on here make films with the hopes if selling them. This kinda makes the "free music and soundscapes" unusable. Are you waiving that prohibition?

Eric Matyas
04-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Hey Mike,

If you scroll down the main page, you'll see that the music is available for both commercial use as well as noncommercial use. (If you sell your film to a distributor, they will require you to provide licenses to all of the music you use...it's part of the chain of title.) I'm only asking a few dollars for a license to use a piece of my music in a commercial project.

Thanks for replying.

Mick Scarborough
04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Great to know

nikitsan
04-17-2014, 09:21 AM
nice !

Eric Matyas
05-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I've added some new pieces on the "Drama" page (mostly intended for film projects) as well as on the "Fantasy/Wonder" page (mostly intended for game projects, but some could work for both.)

Anyhow, I hope they are helpful.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Matyas
05-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I've added a bunch of new pieces to the site and simplified the pricing of using the music:

Free for noncommercial use

$5/track for commercial use.

This saves everyone the step of having to contact me for a price. It was suggested by a forum member.

Hope my music is helpful. As always, all feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Matyas
05-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I've added some new pieces on the Introspective/Emotions page as well as the Urban page and the Fantasy/Game Music page.

I've also enabled comments at the bottom of any given page. Please feel free to share.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Matyas
05-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I've posted new pieces on the following pages of my site:

Drama

Fantasy/Game Music
Horror/Surreal
History
Technology

Urban

I hope they are helpful. Please feel free to leave comments.

Thanks,

Eric

martynuk
05-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Hello Eric,
well done with your site, I liked what I heard so next project I'm sure I'll be choosing something. Great that you've put your prices and conditions up front so everyone knows the score right from the start.

Eric Matyas
05-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Hello Eric,
well done with your site, I liked what I heard so next project I'm sure I'll be choosing something. Great that you've put your prices and conditions up front so everyone knows the score right from the start.

Thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it!

Eric

Eric Matyas
05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I've posted some new pieces on the following pages on my site:

Drama

Fantasy/Game Music

Nature/Science

Urban

Hope they are helpful,

Eric

Eric Matyas
06-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey guys,

I've got a bunch of new tracks for you. The newest of the new are on the following pages:

Introspective/Emotions
Urban
Nature Science
Fantasy/Game Music

As always, your feedback is really helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Eric