PDA

View Full Version : Red Carpet anyone?

VTLithyouvong
04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
I would like to announce that my recent music video as the executive producer and director is an Official Selection for the GI Film Festival that will be held in Alexandria VA from May 19-25 2014.

The one and only military festival. Film makers/actors/crew....all having ties to the military. It will be an exciting week.

If anyone will be in the area, join me for the event (red carpet, seminars, and after parties)

Text or call me at:
714-478-1316

Here's the music video that was selected:
Director: V.T. Lithyouvong (active duty U.S. Navy)
Cinematographer: Chris Taylor (former U.S. Marines)
Supporting male actor: Rick Walters (former U.S. Army)
Gaffer: Charles McDowell (former U.S. Army)
Lead singer: Caleb Fischer of Jones & Fischer Band (former U.S. Navy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F-DAW84hNA

Charles
04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Dude, im so proud of you! This is so awesome. I love seeing people grow here at FilmmakerForum. You just made my day!!!

mara
04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
awesome - congrats!

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Congrats! That is really awesome.

VTLithyouvong
04-08-2014, 02:32 PM
The list are out. All the 'Official Selections' of the 8th annual GI Film Festival. May 19-25 2014; Alexandria VA

-Narratives/Documentaries (Features/Shorts)
-& Music videos (only 3 and mine is 1 of them)

http://gifilmfestival.com/giff-14-official-selections/

VTLithyouvong
05-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Hello to all Film Maker Forum film makers,

I cordially invite all film makers in the DC area to the screening of my music video "Barstool Kind of Night" at the GI Film Festival in Alexandria VA.

It will be an unforgettable event with a Red Carpet opening. Special guest from distinguish military personnel, Hollywood A-List celebrities, and a night of meet and greet at the after party. Purchase your tickets now and join in on the festivities.

http://gifilmfestival.com/portfolios/barstool-kind-of-night/

smile
05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Hi. I am new. And I am not in filmmaking, but I just wanted to share with you the project my friends are on:

You can see about it on Kickstarter - Kresnik: The Lore of Fire.
Maybe you have already seen it, supported it; if not I would really be pleased you have a look!
Thank you and I am sorry if I broke some rules, since I am not active on this forum.

Good luck and best regards.
:-)

UniqueAmI
05-01-2014, 01:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Have a great time.

To the former members of the US Military THANK YOU.

To the active members THANK YOU and BE SAFE!

VTLithyouvong
05-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Well, the GI Film Festival is over. It's the "Sundance for the Troops." The only military veteran film festival. Stories as far back as the Revolutionary War. What an awesome 7 days. Saw some great films; shorts, features, documentaries, narratives, internationals, and pre-release screenings.

Met countless film makers from all around the world, meet and greet with celebrities and Hollywood execs. What an experience. If you have never gone to a festival, I highly recommend it because it's just not about film, it's about the people.