PDA

View Full Version : Au Jus Buveur - American Psychological Horror Short

czstealth
03-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Two detectives sit down to dinner at a fancy French restaurant to discuss the case they are working on. Twenty-two people have gone missing from their small town, and they have a only a few ideas of what might be the cause. They soon discover that something strange is going on in the restaurant. Will Coby and Chuck be able to get to the bottom of it?

http://youtu.be/fQC5mQmip7k

This was my final project for my Directing 1 class. What grade would you give me? Please let me know what you think in the comments! Don't forget to Rate and Subscribe if you like.

Anonymous Filmmaker
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
I liked it! The audio mixing wasn't great, though, and a few of the sets looked a little fake. (I know it was probably minimal budget and there is no problem with that, but some bokeh or something could have helped make the setting more realistic.) Aside from that, I really liked it!

filmmaker6563
03-27-2014, 12:42 AM
The audio was unpleasant at times, the grading/lighting isn't the best (esp. the crushed blacks), the dialogue wasn't well written, loaded and piled with blatant exposition, and I thought I saw a jump cut or two as well.

I liked the overall concept though, and the acting was decent, the audio was tolerable, the visuals looked decent, the green screen work in the ambulance looked good, and you managed to creep me out a bit out that doctor bit, so kudos to you. Nice work.

czstealth
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
You both mention the audio was not up to par. Where did you have problems with it?

I liked it! The audio mixing wasn't great, though, and a few of the sets looked a little fake. (I know it was probably minimal budget and there is no problem with that, but some bokeh or something could have helped make the setting more realistic.) Aside from that, I really liked it!

The audio was unpleasant at times, the grading/lighting isn't the best (esp. the crushed blacks), the dialogue wasn't well written, loaded and piled with blatant exposition, and I thought I saw a jump cut or two as well.

I liked the overall concept though, and the acting was decent, the audio was tolerable, the visuals looked decent, the green screen work in the ambulance looked good, and you managed to creep me out a bit out that doctor bit, so kudos to you. Nice work.

XS Indie
04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Decent video, I had some issues with the audio as the whispering in particular was very difficult to understand without the volume up to max which then gave me a mini heart attack in the ambulance! Writing wise I agree it was almost all exposition and the lighting felt off with the lead as there was almost an over-saturation of light in contrast with everyone else in the dining scene. Still despite this it was a decent video and good luck with the directing class.