PDA

View Full Version : Action Webseries Based off SEAL Team 6 I did the VFX For!!!!

MicahC
03-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey all, I posted a trailer to this web episode a few days ago. It was really nice getting feedback on it!! Really makes my day to have people interact with my work!

So just to re-cap, this is a pilot for a potential web series on Machinima Prime. I did roughly 98% of the visual effects. Had an absolute blast on this project. Let me know how you enjoyed it! Be as knit picky as you want, wanna hear from ya!

Thanks so much,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFm0BslvcI4&list=UUkzRDjtq4ngMADh45j2KsJQ

MicahC
03-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Anyone have any thoughts?

Anonymous Filmmaker
03-17-2014, 11:26 AM
First of all, great job. If you didn't ask for me to knit pick, I wouldn't comment, because it was solid throughout. However, there are a few tiny things. First of all, the beginning with the map felt a bit static with the covering up of letters. Some sort of wiggle or random seed switcher could be nice there. Second, the explosion with the clipped highlights didn't work so well because of the grade. This was overall in the shot, but maybe brightening that up could have helped. There was a bit of rolling shutter at 5:44 that perhaps could have been corrected. The muzzle flares were great, but the blood could use a bit of work. This was probably the most notable issue. Overall, though, I thought you did a nice job.

MicahC
03-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Thanks dude for all that feedback, love it love it.

I totally agree about the beginning title sequence. A lot of our team actually said the exact same thing, we wanted more going on but could only crank out what you see in the time we had (as usually happens with projects like these....haha). Some twitching or artifacts like you said would have been perfect.

I agree the grade for the explosion sequence didn't work that well, definitely brought out some impurities in the flames/blast. And yeah I bet brightening it up would have definitely helped.

Dude I am really not that satisfied with the blood I did....I should have spent more time getting rid of that CG/pasty look and try and make it a tad translucent. Something to make it seem less CG-ee.....Will be working on new techniques for blood in the future: Or better yet I'll just use squibs hahaha (I wish...haven't tapped that world yet)

First of all, great job. If you didn't ask for me to knit pick, I wouldn't comment, because it was solid throughout. However, there are a few tiny things. First of all, the beginning with the map felt a bit static with the covering up of letters. Some sort of wiggle or random seed switcher could be nice there. Second, the explosion with the clipped highlights didn't work so well because of the grade. This was overall in the shot, but maybe brightening that up could have helped. There was a bit of rolling shutter at 5:44 that perhaps could have been corrected. The muzzle flares were great, but the blood could use a bit of work. This was probably the most notable issue. Overall, though, I thought you did a nice job.

EricTheMan
03-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Hey man, this is great! Good job on getting it up on Machinima! Very talented you are...

MicahC
03-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks Eric, much appreciated :)
Hey man, this is great! Good job on getting it up on Machinima! Very talented you are...

iaak1983
03-19-2014, 09:45 AM
I didint like the music playing around 5min I did however really liked the scene after he came out the tattoo shop and hes on the phone driving felt well professional and I really like the story line I was gutted when it ended and really wanted to see more. in you ever want a Taliban looking guy with a welsh accent to be in one im there.

All in all good job

MicahC
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Awesome dude glad you enjoyed it! :) We're hoping for more episodes too! We love this source material and these characters, got some exciting things planned if it goes to series!

And we'll keep you in mind ;)
I didint like the music playing around 5min I did however really liked the scene after he came out the tattoo shop and hes on the phone driving felt well professional and I really like the story line I was gutted when it ended and really wanted to see more. in you ever want a Taliban looking guy with a welsh accent to be in one im there.

All in all good job