PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat Basing My Film on a True Story

Havey
03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
So a murder took place in my town about 10 years ago. It was against a young gay man (early 20's) and he was beaten to death by this man and killed.

I based a story around his death. But I am not using his name or even giving my character the same characteristics as the actual man who was killed.

I am making it to where he is still beaten to death, but instead of it being against 1 guy, its going to be against 3 AND his "lover" is going to be there with him being beaten as well.

I'm not even going to put based on a true story in the film, because honestly, its really not.

But do you think I will have any problem with this. Someone brought it up and even though I don't think I'll have a problem, I was just curious.

Thanks!

Anonymous Filmmaker
03-13-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't think there will be any problem with it. Noone would even know that you based it on anything.

iaak1983
03-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Unless you mention it i dont recon anyone will even recall, providing locations and date setting is different from that of the murder im pretty sure unless you mention it no one will know.