PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Drama

Joe
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Hey guys, Great site Nick

I am currently looking for a Drama that will bring tears to the audience.

Let me know if you have one interested in selling, or writing.

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Im sure you will find a writer here, or someone that has one to sell Joe

brywei33
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey Joe... I have a 4-page treatment for an underdog drama about a musician. Find the log-line below. I haven't written the screenplay yet, just this treatment and a rough outline. However, I have four feature screenplays that I can provide as samples.

This treatment alone has brought some folks to tears, so it may be what you're looking for.

Log-line:
A young boy with a birth defect, in his own unique way, teaches himself how to play the guitar and goes on to become one of the most significant rock musicians of the 21st Century. Seen through his older brother and manager’s eyes, we witness a story of triumph, admiration, and emotional surges that shape two brothers’ lives and influence a generation.

Let me know if you'd like to read the treatment and discuss further. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Derek

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey Joe... I have a 4-page treatment for an underdog drama about a musician. Find the log-line below. I haven't written the screenplay yet, just this treatment and a rough outline. However, I have four feature screenplays that I can provide as samples.

This treatment alone has brought some folks to tears, so it may be what you're looking for.

Log-line:
A young boy with a birth defect, in his own unique way, teaches himself how to play the guitar and goes on to become one of the most significant rock musicians of the 21st Century. Seen through his older brother and manager’s eyes, we witness a story of triumph, admiration, and emotional surges that shape two brothers’ lives and influence a generation.

Let me know if you'd like to read the treatment and discuss further. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Derek

Sounds interesting, added

vickyn
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
I have a touching drama about a teen girl's relationship with her estranged grandfather. The ending has made quite a few people cry. It has been optioned twice but has never gotten over that hump.

Emma’s Reprieve (drama) – When an orphaned teen is forced to live with the bitter grandfather she never knew, each learns to look at life through the other’s perspective.

My email is vickyneal5[at]yahoo.com just in case you would need it. I also forgot to mention on the horror forum that I have written many shorts and features for others, besides the humanoid creature script I have available.

Gary Petras
01-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Joe:

My name is Gary Petras. I have a completed screenplay that I hope may be of interest to you for production. In the body of this email is the logline/synopsis for: 'CROSS (One Man's Resurrection). I can send you the RTF File of the finished script. I thank you for reading and listening. I await your kind reply.

I currently have one script optioned. One script in-development.

I am currently working as a writer/creator of comic books, with two projects on the market, and a Graphic Novel: The Snowmen (check out a preview at: Coscom Entertainment - Publisher of Monster and Superhero Fiction (http://www.coscomentertainment.com/)) -- I am also the author of published juvenile adventure/fiction novel, and a new comic book character/series about to be published. Latest Novels released Farrow and Blackstorm (The Suneater and Darkwood Adventures): visit: Trytium Publishing (http://www.trytium.com/) -- click on cover of book for a preview. and 'Thorndancer ( Cyberwizard Productions (http://www.cyberwizardproductions.com/) -- click on the Toy Box Books Icon).

Google: Gary Petras -- for info on other books/Graphic Novels/etc. You can also check out: www.facebook.com/garypetras

Sincerely,

Gary Petras

138 Cedar Road
Hellertown,Pa. 18055
610-838-9805
email: gpetrasmail[at]aol.com

Genre: Drama/Thriller
Title: Cross (One Man's Resurrection)
Author: Gary Petras
Budget: Low

Logline: Marlon Cross was once a rich and famous Private Detective
until a kidnapping case goes terribly wrong and a child ends up
dead. Cross, now a down-and-out drug addict must resurrect his
life to solve the mystery of his wife's murder and find his two
missing children.

One Page Synopsis: 'Cross (One Man's Resurrection)'

Marlon Cross was a very rich and famous Private Detective. The best
in the world. But a kidnapping case he was involved in goes terribly wrong and
the young, innocent victim is found dead. From this moment on Cross's life takes
a downward spin. He becomes an alcoholic and a drug addict. He is living on the
street (after leaving his wife and two children), and is now living his life in total
oblivion. But then a series of events takes place to make him decide if he wishes
to live or die. His own wife is brutally murdered and his two children are missing.
Cross must begin to resurrect his life to solve the mystery behind his wife's death
and rescue his two kidnapped children. The story revolves around the man
trying to bring himself back from the very brink of destruction ( self-inflicted) and
to raise himself from the dead to rejoin the living. He turns for help to a young
woman, Teri Ann Edison, a lawyer who has taken over Cross' old offices. And
together they begin to unravel the mystery behind the murder and kidnapping. As
Marlon Cross begins to slowly, painfully, resurrect his life. Trying hard to live with
the past, to live with himself and to just, simply...live. Simple survival. Kicking
the drug habit - solving the murder - finding his children. A man at the very edge,
the very brink of death finding the will, the courage and the need to survive.

This is a Detective's story...

brywei33
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Sounds interesting, added

Hey Nick, not sure what you meant by 'added'. thanks for the interest!

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey Nick, not sure what you meant by 'added'. thanks for the interest!

It means your added to a list that gets discussed at our investor meetings

brywei33
01-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Sounds good! Thanks Nick.

THE 750 GROUP
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
750 Group Writing:

The750groupwriting[at]yahoo.com

Nick Soares
01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
750 Group Writing:

Suspense Thriller (Candy) : A swinger couple becomes the main focus of a murder investigation after body after body of strippers come up mangled. But after talking a stripper named CANDY to finally come home with them & party they soon findout how it feels to go from being the hunter to being the hunted.

Coming of Age (Upside Down Kisses) A young teenager finds true love in the arms of a sexually creative autistic girl against the social pressures of his peers.

The750groupwriting[at]yahoo.com
Also scripted:
Football
Soccer
MMA
& Comedy scripts ready for sell.

Sorry Joe to come into your section, but 750 group, do you have a high school football script/ if so is it a true story?

THE 750 GROUP
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Hello Joe,

Sorry no. Our football film is entitled HARD and is about two over paid cocky and crazy NFL players that happen to be enemy's whose antics get them each kicked out of the leauge and by unluck and chance placed on the same arena football team.

We do have a Highschool basketball and highschool girls track & field script written in the style of highschool cheerleader films.

KevinSter
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Joe - I'm a bit late to this party, but I have a script that may interest you. It's called "If I Told You Something" and it's a dark edgy drama about a rapist who tries to redeem himself in the eyes of the woman he raped, but instead causes her to fall in love with him. I originally wrote it as a stage play. It was produced in Washington DC and garnered a few theater nominations. I rewrote it as a screenplay, optioned it twice and now it's back in my hands. Let me know if you're interested.

kevin

PaulSoleil
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Hey Joe, I have a script I wrote based on a true story (which I beefed up quite a bit) based in the world of underground MMA fighting

Think "Rocky" meets "Good Will Hunting".

I sent it to my friends the O'Connor brothers at Solaris pictures, but they currently had another MMA project there were working called "WARRIOR". (came out recently,don't know if you saw it)

They actually said my script was better written, but they had already started WARRIOR

if you want a treatment I'll send it to you. if you like it, i'll send you the script

xzilez
01-28-2012, 11:10 AM
My name is Russell Davis and have written a number of scripts from Horror to Drama. I have already copyrighted the scripts with the library of congress. The synopsis is below. If interested please contact me at xzilez26[at]gmail.com. I also have a movie review blog called embracethefilm.blogspot.com. There I write under the pen name Raziel David. Within the past year I have managed to get over 16000 hits to the site.

Four different stories. Four different endings. One big tragedy!

Genre: Drama/Ensemble

Deacon is a web page designer at a big name company. He has lots of money and a beautiful girlfriend that he loves very much. He also loves the bottle just the same. His mother pays him a visit with some disturbing news and Deacon must make a choice. To either face the reason behind his demon by doing the right thing or shutting everyone out and risking his relationships.

A woman named Mia loses a loved one by a deadly disease. She encounters a young prostitute by the name of Gina. Mia gets so wrapped up in Gina’s problems that she neglects her own. Can Mia save Gina from her demons without focusing on hers?

Bobby is a teenager who is obsessed with getting laid. He has a girlfriend that won’t sleep with him and because of this he has a snarky attitude. His mother tells him that something from his past is coming back and he needs to act on it now. He asks his girlfriend to do something that will put both their lives in jeopardy. Without his knowledge his girlfriend Sarah is also facing a demon that no one knows about. Not even her. Can Sarah help bobby with his problem or will Sarah just add to it?

Ace Anderson is a third grade school teacher who has an obsession with one of his students. He finally meets the mother and forms a friendly relationship with her but he still can't get the mother’s daughter out of his mind. When Ace acts on his obsession it will change that little girl’s life forever.

The completed script is available upon request. I have written other materials such as song lyrics, TV pilots, five other screenplays, a book, Movie and TV show reviews, and worked as a freelance Journalist. All of my work can be made with a reasonable budget. If interested I can be contacted with the information listed above. Thank you for your generous time.

MCubb
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
- Joe,

I have a completed drama script with bits of thriller, comedy, and ultimately revenge thrown in. While its logline may allude to an action/thriller, the script is actually quite serious as it follows three strangers through this great upheaval in their lives. It's very character-driven and can be made on a very low budget, without sacrificing any story, if needed.

In regards to your want of tears, this script will leave you and any other audience member wiping your eyes secretively as you sit beside your friends watching. (I know I've done so after many movies) I write all of my stories with the end goal being to hit the audience with a train - whether that be from comedy, a twist, or a mixed feeling of happiness and sorrow as is the case in this script.

I'm not sure as to what you'd like discussed here, (logline, synopsis, etc.) so I'll await your response and I can send you those whenever you'd like.

The script has had interest from a variety of production companies yet hasn't seen an option yet.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
- Matt

Moebius
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM

Nice, I have one.

What do you need for start - logline & synopsis only?

David Allingham
01-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi Nick,
These are tear jerkers, romances. One's drama suspense. One's dramedy.

HOOKED, contained suspense drama, 2010 American International Film Festival, Best Movie Script Feature; 2011 Page Awards, First Round; 2011 Scriptapalooza Semifinalist; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

SCRATCHERS, drug deal gone wrong dramedy, Honorable Mention in the 2010 LA Film & Script Festival; Semifinalist, 2010 Annual Writer's Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

Tell me if you want a synopsis or a script.

Kind regards,
Dave
annasikoria[at]aol.com

Nick Soares
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Nick,
These are tear jerkers, romances. One's drama suspense. One's dramedy.

HOOKED, contained suspense drama, 2010 American International Film Festival, Best Movie Script Feature; 2011 Page Awards, First Round; 2011 Scriptapalooza Semifinalist; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

SCRATCHERS, drug deal gone wrong dramedy, Honorable Mention in the 2010 LA Film & Script Festival; Semifinalist, 2010 Annual Writer's Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; Official Selection, 2011 Columbia Gorge International

Tell me if you want a synopsis or a script.

Kind regards,
Dave
annasikoria[at]aol.com

I may be interested in checking out Hooked

theturtle
01-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Joe,

I’ve written a suspense drama feature script, THE ORGANIC SVENGALI. It won The Best Low Budget Script Award at The Female Eye Film Festival, won an Actors Choice Award at The Screenwriters Conference in Santa Fe, and finished well in other screenwriting contests.

Logline: A young woman haunted by lost memories falls in love with a mysterious, scientific-minded music professor, whose secret experiments help her recall her devastating past - but also start stealing memories of the present.

I am interested in selling the script.

inFanonymoUs
01-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey Joe I know you've received a number of responses but I figured I'd throw mine out there too just in case.

I have written a feature length screenplay entitled, BETWEEN DREAMING & DROWNING that I hope will meet your interests. My film focuses on the psychological revolution of an ex-Army Ranger that travels to Burning Man in order to regain his lost hope in humanity.

BETWEEN DREAMING & DROWNING is set in September 2011. For most people in the U.S. it is a time of economic and military turmoil. Especially for soldiers like Jacob Cole, while in Afghanistan he experiences one particularly scarring event that leads to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Unable to emotionally overcome the horrors he experienced, Jacob comes home angry at the world and turns to drinking and lashing out. Sam, (his only family) is worried about her brother, she hopes that taking him to Burning Man will restore his faith in humanity. After a night in the local drunk tank, Jacob begrudgingly agrees to go along with his sister and her friends.

Jacob manages to keep a fairly open mind upon first arriving, giving his sister hope for him yet. With a little encouragement from his sister’s friends, like the beautiful Lana, Jacob throws him self full force into the BM experience. But lurking in the shadows of Jacob's mind are the emotional scars he's brought home with him. As the week passes, participants challenge Jacob’s anger and resentment in unexpected ways forcing him to reevaluate his life. Jacob begins to heal through interactions with incredible art, life changing music and a vibrant community based on radical self-expression.

The end of the week rapidly approaches as Jacob works to sort through his emotional problems. Little does he know, before the week is over is over, a half 8th of magic mushrooms pressed into a heart shaped piece of chocolate will be the catalyst that brings him face to face with his most amazing dreams and the worst of his fears.

This is my first full-length script. I am a 27-year-old U.S. Navy Veteran. For 5 years I served as a Military Police Officer, including 1 year at the infamous Enemy Combatant Detention Facility in Guantanamo, Cuba as a Prison Guard. I am now a full time Film Studies student living in the Santa Cruz, Ca area. I have attended Burning Man for the last three consecutive years.

Thank you for your consideration.

shawnrohrbach
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM

I have a noir family drama with some dark humor that will fill the bill. It is based on my most recent novel "Cast the First Stone" Log line and synopsis can be found at Scripts | (http://www.shawnrohrbach.com/scripts) Cheers.

kenjan74
01-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey Joe,

Below is the logline for my finished, 110-page drama/thriller named "Geisha".

Logline: A naive, Japanese-American prostitute repeatedly attempts to escape her abusive life after learning about her Asian culture from an older immigrant.

I am a produced playwright, produced radio playwright, published author, published comic book writer, and have worked as a writer/producer/director/editor for Global Television. Please email me at janssensken[at]hotmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks.

rlasser
01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Joe,
I’ve had three produced feature films, the latest of which just won Best Picture at the Monaco International Film Festival.

When not on the set, I write! I've written 5 complete, feature-length, highly emotional dramas that may interest you. Please let us know if you wish to see any of these scripts. If so, please provide your name, background and credits. My bio and credits follow.
Cheers,

Richard A. Lasser

1. THE STORE NEXT DOOR
Logline: When a troubled young couple, struggling to recover from the loss of their child, becomes ensnared in the dangerous world of human sex trafficking, they must choose whether to live for themselves or risk their lives to free a young mother and her little girl.

2. SKY
Logline: Sky, a magnificent white stallion, helps a 10-year old girl believe in herself, win the show jumping championships and save the family farm.

3. SULTAN
Logline: A young black man must decide between a singing career and a sports career. But his options are limited when his mother dies and he goes to jail.

4. BALD
Logline: Two women take a sometimes tragic, sometimes tragically funny cross country trip and find the destination is within.

5. WHEN I GROW UP
Logline: When an abused, 49-year old woman tries to reclaim her life by becoming an MD, her problems only get worse

My bio follows:
Education

• Bachelor of Arts, English Honors Program: University of Virginia
• Master of Arts Coursework: University of Virginia, UCLA
• Robert McKee’s Story Structure Class, Los Angeles

Employment History

• Sindika Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: November 2011-Present
London, England
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Gypsy Queen”, a dark comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline. Work involves extensive research into Gypsy (Roma) culture, history, mores, beliefs and language. I am to deliver a feature length screenplay which will go into production for theatrical release.
• Grace Chang
Freelance Screenwriter: April-June, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was hired to develop a TV series, “Jin Jin”, based on the producer’s books, notes and outline.
• Nnegest Likke
Freelance Screenwriter: February 2011-April 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I was hired to write a feature-length screenplay, a historical drama, based on the producer’s notes and outline. The title and subject matter of the proposed picture is confidential.
• Liberty Studios
Freelance Screenwriter and Consultant: 2005-2011
San Diego, CA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Glass House”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s notes, treatment, and outline. The film then went into production. Subsequently, the production company hired me on 3 separate occasions to rewrite scenes to be reshot and to give development notes on how to improve the rough cut. The film is now in production.
• Keivan Towfigh
Freelance Screenwriter: January-March, 2010
Boston, MA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “Sultan”, a drama, based on the production company’s notes and outline.

Richard Lasser Resume, page 2

• Mark O’Hara
Freelance Screenwriter: February-March 2009
San Francisco, CA
I was hired to write a pilot and episode outline for the animated series “Moronica”, a dark comedy, based on the producer’s notes and outline
• PQUBD Films
Freelance Screenwriter: December 2009-February 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I was hired to write the feature-length documentary screenplay “The Shift of the Ages”, based on the production company’s notes and footage. The film is now in production.
• McMullen Films
Freelance Screenwriter: February 2009-April 2009
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “CGY”, an action/thriller, based on the production company’s notes and outline.
• Valcic Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: December 2008-February 2009
Paris, France
I was hired to write a treatment the feature-length screenplay “The Cubicle”, a dark comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline.
• The Soup Factory
Freelance Screenwriter: May-September 2009
New Orleans, LA
I was hired to write a treatment the feature-length screenplay “Music From the Other
Side”, a fantasy thriller, based on the production company’s notes and outline
• Mutressa Movies
Freelance Screenwriter: 2007
Boston, MA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Tricks of Love”, a romantic comedy, based on the production company’s notes and outline. The film then went into production. The film won Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress (for Natasha Lyonne) at the Monaco International Film Festival in December, 2008. The picture is now is distribution.
• February Entertainment, Ltd.
Freelance Screenwriter: January –March 2006
Hong Kong, China
I was hired to rewrite the feature-length screenplay “The Counting House”, a sci-fi/horror thriller, based on the production company’s first draft and notes. The film then went into production and was shot for $1.5 million, featuring international star Maggie Q.
• Ordenana Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: November 2005-February 2006
New York, NY
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “Journey to the West”, an animated comedy, based on the book by the same title.
Richard Lasser Resume, page 3

• Mulder/Tongco Entertainment
Freelance Screenwriter: May-August 2005
Beverly Hills, CA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Pearl of the Orient”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s notes and outline
• Sindika Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: September-November 2005
London, England
I was hired to rewrite the feature-length screenplay “Ivan and Maria”, a historical drama, based on the production company’s first draft and outline
• Blue Moose Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: April 2005
Cincinnati, OH
I was hired to write "Stepping Out to Vancouver" a buddy/road dramedy from the producer’s notes.
• Garbo Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: January-March 2005
Santa Ana, CA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay "Happy New Year", a true life thriller, based on a book and the producer’s notes.
• Kumar Shah
Freelance Screenwriter: March-June 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay "Time Bomb", a true life thriller, based on scientific research and the producer’s notes.
• Morgan Street Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: January-March 2004
Dana Point, CA
I was hired to write “Sky”, a fantasy/drama, from the producer’s notes and outline.
• Buck Kalinowski Productions
Freelance Screenwriter: November-December 2003
Hartford, CT
I was hired to write “Cupid and Arrow”, a fantasy/drama, from the producer’s notes, books and outline.
• Michael Anteski
Freelance Screenwriter: November-December 2002
Santa Fe, NM
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay, 'Treasure”, an action thriller based on historical documents and the producer’s notes.
• Mondo Entertainment
Freelance Screenwriter: 2001-2002
Los Angeles, CA
I was hired to write the feature-length screenplay “The Happy Frenchman”, a dramedy, based on the production company’s treatment, notes and outline

Richard Lasser Resume, page 4

Produced Feature Films
• “The Tricks of Love”, Mutressa Movies, 2008 , writer Tricks of Love (2008) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268294/)
• “The Counting House”, February Entertainment, 2007, writer IMDb - The Counting House (2007) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0459239/)
• The Chosen Few, Ivu Pictures, 2002, writer, co-producer The Chosen Few (2002) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303844/)

Produced Short Films
• “I Scream”, Late Bloomer Films, 2007 I Scream (2007) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396480/)

Produced Stage Plays
• “The Impeachment Trial of George W. Bush”, playwright. Produced in San
Francisco, May 2008

Scripts Currently Optioned
• “Peacocks”, optioned by Beautiful Calf Productions
• “The Cellist,” optioned by Great Falls Moving Pictures

Awards
• “The Tricks of a Woman”, Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Monaco International Film Festival, 2008
• “The Chosen Few” Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley Film
Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002
• Chesterfield Writers Awards – Semi-Finalist
“Young Love” New Century Writers Awards – Finalist
• “Bedroom City” Official Selection for IFP Market 2006, No Borders Section.

Published Books and Magazine Articles
• “Great Vegetables From the Great Chefs- A Compendium of Recipes and
Anecdotes” , with a preface by M.F.K. Fisher, Chronicle Books, San Francisco,
1990, (under the nom de plume Baba S. Khalsa) http://www.amazon.com/Great-Vegetables-Chefs-Compendium- Anecdotes/dp/039951726X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323968133&sr=8-1
• “Great Desserts From the Great Chefs”, Chronicle Books, San Francisco, 1994, (under the nom de plume Baba S. Khalsa)
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Desserts-Chefs-Baba- Kahlsa/dp/0811802817/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323968312&sr
=1-1
• Numerous articles for The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and
Wine Magazine

Richard Lasser Resume, page 5

Teaching Experience
• IFP, Independent Feature Project, Lecturer and Seminar Leader to new screenwriters on screenwriting topics such as formatting, structure and breaking into the business. New York and Portland, OR
• University of Virginia, Graduate Teaching Assistant and Lecturer

References upon Request

JACKFLASH
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey Joe ... and not in The Jimi Hendrix Experience sense even

though it is a Classic Rocker.

I've been at this Crazy Screenwriting Thing for a Long Time.

I think I might have a Project or Two that You might Consider.

One that immediately comes to mind ...

“NO PARTICULAR PLACE TO GO”

A heartwarming Dramatic Comedy about an Escaped Convict who ends up hiding out with a bus load of Down Syndrome and Emotionally Disturbed Men on their way to a Summer Camp in New England.

The fun really begins when Our Convict cons his way onto the Staff of the Camp. Now he must deal with all the madness, hilarity and love that’s constantly bombarding him.

It’s enough to drive a person crazy and quite possibly Straight.

“No Particular Place To Go" is a Story filled with heart, humor and the joy of the Human

Spirit.

Thanks for Listening, Joe and Good Luck.

Murph

mrjujitsu
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
This is a good heartfelt sports drama that will touch everyone, especially those who have had to deal with a family member who suffers with alcoholism. It reveals a coaches struggles and his victories on the road to finding himself and his faith.

Logline:
He went from coaching in the Super bowl to living on the street because of alcoholism. Now he must face his demon in order to take a small Christian school to it's first state football championship.

Synopsis:
Stan had coached a team to Super bowl victory, but he was struggling with his latest team. He turned to alcohol for comfort and a way to cope with the stress of the big games. Now, in his third season with a team still trying to make it to the playoffs, he loses his cool while being drunk on the sidelines and assaults a player. Banned from the NFL and labeled a drunk, he continues to go deeper into the bottle. He is confronted by his wife about his drinking and he hits her. Still not accepting he has a problem, he shows up at court intoxicated. The judge sentences him to 3 months in jail. Once released from jail, he promised to at least be a father to his daughter Abbie and, when he goes to pick her up, he is drunk. He is arrested and sentenced to 3 months in jail again and alcohol treatment. After his release, he discovers that no colleges will have him as a coach. He goes on a drinking binge that lasts for several weeks. No longer employed or paying any of his bills, he is locked out of his own house by the bank. Out of anger he breaks into the house and, again, is arrested.

Living in the park and eating at the local soup kitchen, he bums money where he can so that he can get his alcohol. The Christian high school that is involved with the soup kitchen becomes in need of a football coach when their coach of 35 years suffers from a heart attack in the preseason. While Stan is eating one morning, he sneaks a shot of whiskey into his coffee and is kicked out by Kalissa. The director recognizes him and tells principle Andrews that it is divine intervention that Stan happened to be at their soup kitchen when they are in need of a coach. With a promise of food and a little money, Stan agrees to take the job.

Principle Andrews realizes right away that Stan is going to be a lot of hard work. On the first night, Stan gets drunk and falls sleeps in the auditorium in his underwear on a pommel horse which scares the girls coming in for their PE class. Stan makes several more mistakes along the way and, at one point, he is almost fired. After being sober for almost a week, he gets temped into drinking just one drink and, from there, he goes on an all night drinking binge. A player tries to sneak him back to the male dorm room but their picture is caught on a cell phone and is placed in the school paper. Kalissa stops principle Andrews from firing Stan and she goes to him herself. Stan finally admits he has a problem and asks for help. She introduces him to Jesus and his life begins to change. He has taken the team to the semi-finals in the state high school playoffs and everything is going well, but for some reason, Stan begins to act like he is drunk again. He becomes bizarre and passes out in the playing field. The school board and everyone else are calling for his head except the people who believe in him. Kalissa speaks with the doctor and finds out that Stan is an undiagnosed diabetic, which saves his job. He takes them to the state finals where he coaches his team to a win in the toughest game of their lives.

mrjujitsu
01-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Logline:
During a Police officers investigation to arrest a large drug dealer he comes across 3 children that are left alone after their mother dies from a heroin overdose. He takes them home just for the night to get them something to eat, but finds himself not wanting to give them up to family services.

Synopsis:
Young-Soo and Me-Yah moved to American to start a better life, with hard work they were able to opened a Korean food market a year later. Now, 17 years later their children help out in the store. In the apartment two doors down lives Edith and her 3 children, all born out of wedlock to unknown fathers. She provides for her kids the best way she knows how by prostituting for a pimp and a drug dealer. Addicted to drugs in her late teens she is now dependent on selling herself to feed her children and her habit. Me-Yah’s best friend is Min-Jee who is married to a white police officer named Bruce. They had tried twice before to have a baby, both times ending in a miscarriage. She is now 8 months pregnant and believes this time they will have their baby. Her father and mother are coming to visit, only because she informed them she is having a boy. Min Jee’s father has been raised to only honor sons and grandsons, but he still has resentment that his daughter has married an American man.
While out on patrol with his partner, Sanchez they come across a 10 year old boy overdosing. They work on the boy until the paramedics arrive, not knowing if he will live. Their town like many others is infested with drugs, a dealer name Reaper is the main supplier and he is also Edith’s pimp.
While Min-jee is shopping at the Korean store 3 teenage thugs enter and rob the place. One teenager wants Min-Jee’s purse and when it won’t come off her shoulder he knocks her down and takes it. While she lays there bleeding waiting for EMS, her friend Me-yah comforts her. Bruce is told by a doctor when he arrives that the baby has died, and that Min Jee had an emergency hysterectomy to save her life.
With Christmas only 5 days away Maddox Edith’s oldest child, shows his sister and brother a little Christmas tree he has made at school and hid under the kitchen sink. Edith refuses to allow them to have a tree, not knowing about the little tree under the sink. Two days later Kassandra has snicked a photo album out of her mother’s room and is looking at. Edith at first gets mad and then looks through it with the children. She finds a picture of her mother and Maddox asks if they can go see her. Edith puts them to bed and looks at the pictures again, feeling homesick she calls her mother.
Her mother is nasty and mean reminder her that she is nothing more, than a whore and drug addict. She tells her that she should never call again much less bring her children there. Heart broken and depressed, Edith returns to her room to get high with heroin. Sanchez is following up on a lead at the apartment building when a young hit man puts 3 bullets into him Sanchez returns fire, killing the young boy. The gun fire echo’s through the building. Maddox can’t understand why his mother isn’t up from all the noise and goes to investigate. He discovers Edith’s dead from an overdose and lies beside her in tears.

Joe
01-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Ok guys, just got back from a shoot...

Let me read through these :0

Emil
01-31-2012, 10:07 PM
NOW PLAYING (106 pp) Low Budget

Unresolved childhood trauma drives a troubled man to hold dozen teens captive in a movie theater and game them to participate in a thrilling, unforgettable night of depravity and destruction.

Very emotional ending. Four quadrant, male-female balanced. Domestic and international appeal. RECOMMEND coverage by Jack Scagnetti Agency. John Greer attached.

Emil

emil2u at yahoo dot com

JNT
02-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi Joe, I have a short feature drama script revolving around Alzheimer's Disease that is emotionally charged. Based upon a short story I wrote entitled "Time Flyz" that was published in the Yale Anlgers Journal, it is an interlude in the tale of two sons coping with onset of Alzheimer's Disease in their father set against the family passion for fly fishing in Montana's Yellowstone River. Please let me know if you would like to see more. Thanks.

Jack

wmbkeller
02-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Run For Daniel is a coming of age story that brings tears and hope for the future. My logline is below.

Wm B. Keller

Logline: An inspiring story about two teenage friends, one who physically has everything, the other facing the end of his life. Tommy Preem helps his friend from birth prepare to die, and in return Daniel Cravens helps Tommy learn how to live.

Joe Leone
02-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello there - I have a script that is primarily a dark comedy, but has touching elements and an uplifting ending. thanks!

Terms and Conditions*

by Joe Leone and Julien Mery (of Livid Films, London)

LOGLINE:* A humble man is diagnosed with a terminal disease and then decides to break every law he can.

** * Harvey Harrington has lead a meek existence.* Never one to make waves or strive for more in life, Harvey has remained at his low level paralegal position for many years.* Yet Harvey is intelligent, and has learned a lot about law.* When Harvey is diagnosed with a terminal disease, he simply tells his ornery boss that he is leaving.* Harvey, never much of a drinker, decides to stop in at the dive bar he passes every day from work but never had the gumption to enter.
** * Here he meets Luke, a cool customer with a dark side.* Harvey drunkenly divulges his morbid medical prognosis to Luke, along with the fact that he has never willingly broken any laws in his life.* This triggers Luke's inherent wily nature, and he proposes a plan to Harvey: travel with him throughout the country, breaking as many laws as humanly possible before he dies.* This idea frightens, but sounds very exhilarating to the milquetoast Harvey, and he ultimately accepts the offer.* The two quickly realize their goal of becoming national outlaws.* Along the way, they inadvertently pick up a third, a twenty two year old Pakistani girl who goes by the name "Shifty."* Luke is initially dead set against this development, but Shifty soon proves to be a deserving member of the team, helping to pull off quite a creative heist. *
** * Things are going swimmingly as the Trio makes their way from state to state - until a mishap leads Harvey to question Luke's true motives for bringing him on this adventure.* Luke comes clean; he has been grooming Harvey this whole time to assist him in a truly capitol offense, one which goes against Harvey's morals.* Harvey declines, but uses his intellect to aide Luke in an alternate way.* The major issue is resolved, but Harvey soon finds himself in trouble with the law, having been arrested on a technicality.* In the final sequence, Luke and Shifty's loyalty are put to the ultimate test.* They come through for Harvey, risking their well being to save him from imprisonment, even though his life is still coming to a close.* The friendship that the three of them have forged proves to be the deciding factor.* When Harvey passes on, he is a happy man.

Nick Soares
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Be sure to post if scripts are for sale, or your looking to get it produced.

kenjan74
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey Joe,

Below is the logline for my finished, 110-page drama/thriller named "Geisha".

Logline: A naive, Japanese-American prostitute repeatedly attempts to escape her abusive life after learning about her Asian culture from an older immigrant.

I am a produced playwright, produced radio playwright, published author, published comic book writer, and have worked as a writer/producer/director/editor for Global Television. Please email me at janssensken[at]hotmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks.

I am interested in selling or just having it produced.

thasykologist
02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I have name talent attached to this script, as well as a letter of intent from the name talent. This script has been optioned in the past but the company could not acquire funding. There are interested parties looking at it right now. Let me know if you're interested. If so, please email amirmostoufi[at]gmail.com.

Thanks,
Amir

DARK MENTAL is an ensemble drama in the vein of "Crash" and "Babel" about Shawn Owens, a high school basketball phenom who is working hard to achieve his dream of playing professional basketball and taking his family from the poverty-stricken environment that plagues them. These individuals must deal with the death of loved ones, child abuse, fallen dreams, addiction, rape, divorce, and the disintegration of their families.

A classmate of Shawn Owens is physically and mentally abused by her drug addicted parents. Shawn Owens’ older brother goes to rob them of their drugs so he can provide for his family as a gun fight ensues. The principal of the high school is having sexual relations with the drug addicted mother who is only known to him as a stripper at his favorite gentlemen’s club. The principal proceeds to pass a sexually transmitted disease to his wife of nine years and looks to get revenge on the stripper that is causing him such marital issues. The daughter who is being abused turns to her teacher as Shawn Owens accidentally walks in on inappropriate advances by the teacher and tries to flee the scene as if he saw nothing. A drug crazed mother discovers that her daughter’s principal is her highest paying customer at the gentlemen’s club and the man who sought revenge by beating her to a pulp. Terrified at the discovery, the mother drives away from the school recklessly and does something that will change the life of everyone involved, and the outcome one’s future. Nine people in a small rural town are unknowingly linked at the hip by vices so dark, consequences of pain prove ominous. This is “Dark Mental.”

Logline: When links in a chain are replaced with people, the most ominous of consequences are just around the corner.

Emilio
02-02-2012, 07:38 AM
MISSING GIRL: A tense drama about how a community is ripped apart and tries to heal when a little girl from a neighborhood is missing.

pedows
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
ONE HIT WONDER - A forgotten recording from a physician's rock 'n roll past propels him on a course at odds with his troubled career and lovable but constraining family.

SUBMISSION - When his mother dies, a talented college wrestler moves in with his estranged father and pursues a mixed martial arts career against his wishes.

produced, sale, or option

Erin
02-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Joe,

I have a number of scripts for sale. The loglines are on my FB page (https://www.facebook.com/DASHEntertainment?sk=info). I have a character driven sports drama caled "Keepers Brother." Brothers Theron and Renato have spent their lives competing, both on and off the soccer field. Now estranged, they coach rival soccer teams. Their relationship is tested when a tornado destroys Renato's home on the eve of the championship game.

Contact me if you are interested in hearing more about this or any of my other scripts.

Joe
02-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok let me read through these and Ill PM those im interested in, I believe I have my talent already and so I want a script that matches what im looking for. And if i dont message you, post your script script for sale here, im also bring some friends on board that are looking for scripts.

xylemimanuelle
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey Joe..
mind if I will give it a try?? :)

Joe
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Ok PM me details

JACKFLASH
02-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Joe,

If You share a little about Your Talent and What more You are looking for

it might be a bit more Helpful.

Thanks.

Nick Soares
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Joe,

If You share a little about Your Talent and What more You are looking for

it might be a bit more Helpful.

Thanks.

JackFlash, has a point Joe. Unless you hired your person already, you should post a bit more details. --

Don
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Dear Joe:

My urban drama, No Father, Son, or Holy Ghost, was a Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab Finalist.

LOGLINE: A father overcomes his sense of failure as a man when he tries to save his runaway sons from a life on the streets.

BRIEF SYNOPSIS: A working-class man strives to redeem himself, as he undertakes the perilous journey with his younger son of trying to rescue his older son from the darkest parts of the underworld. This story is based on true events in my life.

MARKET: The film is intense, kinetic, redemptive, and geared for PG-13/adult audiences. Think Pursuit of Happyness meets City of God.

STATUS: Academy Award-nominated actor John Savage has offered to play a supporting role.

BIO: I got my start as a film producer at Columbia Pictures under the auspices of David Puttnam, Academy Award-winning producer of Chariots of Fire and The Killing Fields.

I have won or placed in ten major writing competitions, including the Motion Picture Academy’s Nicholl Fellowships, the Sundance Institute, the American Film Institute, and the Eugene O’Neill National Playwrights Conference.

My screenplay Angels of Gold, a Pulp Fiction-esque comedy-of-errors heist caper, has received very favorable coverage by Untitled Entertainment and is currently being considered there. Traction Media has expressed interest in financing the project once some cast are attached.

I have also won awards in filmmaking, including the prestigious FOCUS Award, and am preparing to shoot the pilot for my own outrageous TV-online talk-sketch comedy-variety show, which is a larger-than-life comic circus hosted by a modern day Charlie Chaplin.

Furthermore, I am writing a spy comedy with great franchise potential, as I was a spy and am now a comedian and an owner of a McDonald's. And, as I have multiple personality disorder, when I think I am asleep, I am also writing a novel entitled Confessions of a Fast Food Educator, which is about my outrageous experiences as a school director fighting for my students and the spirit of education.

I invite you to view my full bio and work at: onecinema's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/OneCinema).

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

Very truly yours,

Don Matos

MarleneSosebee
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Joe,
I have drama script here:
HomePage (http://www.queenboudica.com)

rlasser
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Joe,
I'm a produced screenwriter who may have something of interest for you. But first, please let me know your name, bio and credits. My bio and credits follow.
Cheers,
Richard Lasser

RICHARD LASSER
Richard Lasser - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1103773/)
Film Credits:
1. 'The Chosen Few', feature-length psychological thriller, produced by I VU Pictures. Writer and Co-Producer
2. “The Counting House”, feature-length psychological horror, produced by RAI Cinema, Italy. Writer. A writer-for-hire project.
3. The romantic comedy, “Tricks of Love”, by Mutressa Movies. Welcome to Mutressa Movies, LLC (http://www.mutressamovies.com)
4. “The Obedient Son”, short, war drama, Liberty Studios.
5. “I Scream”, short, dark comedy. Late Bloomer Films. Writer and Director
In Production:
1. “The Glass House”, Liberty Studios, Writer
2. “The Shift of the Ages”, Pqubd Films, Writer
In Pre-Production:
1. Mondo Productions shooting “The Happy Frenchman” a bittersweet love story. Shooting in Paris. 2012. Writer
In Development:
1. “Ivan and Maria”, based on the novel, the story of Ivan the Terrible of Russia. Sindika Productions. Sindika Productions (http://sindikaproductions.com/). A writer-for-hire project.
2. “Bedroom City”, a writer-for-hire project for DiscoFilm of Germany. Discofilm Infos - www.discofilm.de (http://www.discofilm.de)
3. “The Cellist”, a thriller for Great Falls Moving Pictures. Writer.
Past Work for Hire Projects:
1. Hired to write "Happy New Year", an action thriller by Garbo Productions.
2. Hired to write "Stepping Out to Vancouver" a buddy road movie, by Blue Moose Productions
3. Hired to write the fantasy thriller, “Sky” by Morgan Street Productions
4. Hired to write the action/thriller, 'Treasure' by an independent producer.
5. Hired to write the character-driven drama, “Bucking Broncos” by PK Productions.
6. Hired to write the thriller, 'Time Bomb' by KS Productions.
Scripts Currently Optioned:
1. “Do No Harm”, optioned by Zephuros One Productions
2. “The Cellist,” optioned by Great Falls Moving Pictures
Awards:
1. “The Chosen Few” Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley
Film Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002
2. “The Tricks of a Woman”, Best Picture, Monaco International Film Festival, 2008
3. Chesterfield Writers Awards – Semi-Finalist
4. New Century Writers Awards – Finalist for “Young Love”
5. “Bedroom City” Official Selection for IFP Market 2006, No Borders Section.
6. “CGY”, Honorable Mention, Canada International Film Festival, 2010
Education, Training and Background:
B.A. University of Virginia, Double Major in English Honors and Russian Language and Literature
Postgraduate work, UCLA, Russian Studies
Robert McKee’s Story Structure graduate
John Truby’s Screenwriting graduate
Author of two books, (Great Vegetables From the Great Chefs and Great Desserts From the Great Chefs, for Chronicle Books. (under the pseudonym Baba S. Khalsa), numerous articles for The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine Magazine

robertbvink
02-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Hi Joe, "Bravery and Betrayal" is based on my father’s memoirs during his time with the Dutch Underground.

Bravery and Betrayal is a love story between enemies, where each one risks everything to save the other.

A young Dutch resistance fighter, Johannes, is captured by the Nazis while searching for food for his starving family. He is sent to a concentration camp in northern Germany. While there, Johannes falls in love with a young, beautiful German doctor Elsa, who risks her life and betraying her family to assist Johannes so he can escape back to Holland to help his family.

However, shortly upon his return, Johannes comes to the realization that being safe without love is not worth it, and in turn, decides to risk his life and betraying his own family by going back and attempting to free Elsa as well. Johannes is able to secure help from his childhood best friend, Gerry, a Jewish member of the German Underground.

All is going to plan, until they discover that a Nazis sympathizer has betrayed them to a Gestapo Major. After a deadly gunfight, Johannes and Gerry struggle back to the concentration camp and make a desperate attempt to break Elsa out of her prison. But the escape turns into a trap, set by Shultz, the evil camp commandant who wants to capture Johannes at any cost.

And even if they slip through Shultz's trap, Johannes and Elsa must then decide what's more important - their own happiness or the countless lives that could hang in the balance.

I can be reached at: robertbvink[at]yahoo.ca

Robert B. Vink - IMDb (http://www.imdb.me/robertbvink)

Rebecca
02-17-2012, 08:00 AM
I am actually a published author with a heck of a book for sale . It is a story based lossely on my life, listed a fiction novel. It is about a young girl that had no choice about how to survive the destruction of abuse and death early in her life. Her father tried to kill the entire family. She went on to marry a man who was just as abusive as her father. She live her entire life being beaten and raped, with enduring thoughts of suicide daily for more than forty years. the story ends with her finding out she was not crazy , or worthless, she lived her life with PTSD & DID. I have been told that my story brings tears to readers eyes and by the time they finished reading was in such tears they were in awe.

furio1975
02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi Joe,
would a crime drama interest you? If so, pm me at leonardomasetti[at]hotmail.com for logline, synopsis or full script.
Best,
Leonardo

rdhay
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi:) My recent feature is a drama about the Turkey-Kurdistan conflict.

Logline: When an ex-military Kurd loses his young sister in a shooting, he embarks on a journey to find her killer and avenge her death, only to find the answer that he never anticipated.

There's quite a few emotional high notes, especially at the end. Let me know if you're interested in hearing more.

Thx,
Rebekah:)

JeffWood
02-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Hi Joe

I would like to present my completed screenplay There's Still Time for possible consideration.

There’s Still Time

The passion and poignancy of a classical romance movie takes on a contemporary edge in “There’s Still Time.” A story of a once-in-a-lifetime love that unfolds during a brief summer period.

The pairing of a suicidal man - who doesn't believe in his own existence - with a woman who has only a moment to give - results in a resonating story about the risks that must be taken to love, and truly live.

Logline

A man who wants to end his life - meets a girl who wants to live.

Synopsis

Working a dead end job, Mark has had enough of the life he is forced to life.
With the long arduous hours of working construction to support his ailing mother, no friends, or time for himself, with the dreams of becoming a novelist dwindling in his despair, Mark realizes that his life is going nowhere, and if he were to simply vanish - no one would notice.

On the very day Mark decides to end it all, he meets Jennifer, a beautiful woman who comes to his side. Smitten with her, Mark decides to pursue a relationship with this angel. But little does he know she has a secret. She has stage four lung cancer - and it is terminal.

When Jennifer’s cancer metastasis, and spreads to her brain, she breaks off the budding relationship fearing that it would not be fair to Mark. After Mark learns of the similar death of his father, he pursues her, not willing to give up on the time they have left.

Struggling with the death of his mother, then watching Jennifer succumbing to her illness, will Mark learn the value of his own life, or will he join the ones that he loved and lost.

PM me if you would like to receive a PDF copy.

Jeff

SemaphorePete
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Dear Joe,

The beautiful dancer seeking precious artefacts is herself stalked by her past of the Cambodian holocaust in the form of her disappeared Father.

Yours Sincerely,
Peter Nelson
nigenelson[at]hotmail.com

bibisyran
03-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Removed by Originator.