PDA

View Full Version : Indie Movie Distribution

IndieMovieMaker
01-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi, i would like to know what to do to get my indie feature film distributed. I have looked at the most popular ones and they don't accept ideas, scripts etc. Any suggestions will be great. Thank you in advance!

Nick Soares
01-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I have looked at the most popular ones and they don't accept ideas, scripts etc.

So is it a film? Or a script?

MANwithaPLAN101
01-27-2014, 05:41 PM
I have been very interested in this topic as well. other than the money and traditional distribution, I don't see that much of a need for the traditional distributor. we live in a digital age, we should start acting like it.

I have been toying around with an idea about raising additional money for advertising on the web directly to my audience, which is easy because the internet tracks every ones data! YAY! (depending on how you feel about that). Then all I need to do is distribute my film on Youtube or Vimeo with a PAY PER VIEW offer. After it does a run, then offer it for sale as a digital download, or even a hard copy for those clinging to the past. I am going to try this model in collaboration with crowd funding. If it works, the traditional model will be flipped on it's head.

Four Wise Monkeys
03-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Hey, have you already produced it?
These days you don't need huge budget to make a film, so why not produce it yourself?
I did