PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings parody - the one ring returns

KANEandDYLAN
01-03-2014, 03:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dco_hfLIrck&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVnVUax8Zjr_Egtq8RdyWqQ

what do you think?

Jsthompson79
01-03-2014, 07:15 AM
I stopped watching at 25 seconds. Way to long on the jumping on the trampoline which added nothing to the film in my opinion. But I decided to finish it out. :43-:55 the camera position is not optimal at all. It needs to be a bit higher angle. At 1:43 to 1:45 you have a really rough cut. At 2:19 you broke any illusion of it being a film when you in character grabbed the camera which had been stationary the whole time. The graphic from 3:15-3:20 didn't work for me either. I put it as a lower third text possibly and moved onto the final scenes.

Now for good things. You disappearing effect was good and for once fit the film and was not just a VFX showreel. I think you copied the film's idea of using color for the real world and black and white for the spirit world pretty well. 1:13-1:18 the lighting you captured there of the sun looks really good. Great capture there. Making it look like the game was playing by itself was a good shot too. I am guessing you use an LCD for your gaming system and were standing off camera while playing in that one.

Keep working at it. You are improving.

filmmaker6563
01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Comedy = Good timing. Keeping things moving and paced quickly is what keeps people watching a comedy. The overall film felt a bit slow in it's pacing, which killed it a bit for me. You could have cut that down to a minute or even thirty seconds. CUT IT DOWN. But aside from that, nice work :)

KANEandDYLAN
01-03-2014, 06:57 PM
thanks