PDA

View Full Version : First Macbook Edit...

spendalifetime
12-28-2013, 05:22 PM
So I finally got a Macbook after years of painfully fighting through windows movie maker. Ive not had chance to get Final cut yet so this is just done with iMovie, but even so I can already see the benefits! Looking forward to really getting into Final Cut and learning colour correction properly, transitions etc. But for now this was just a first run to see how the macbook compared to my old laptop... (it won by a mile)

Anyway, for any interested I recently went to visit some friends in Gothenburg, Sweden and took my Gopro to film the trip. Below is a short Holiday type video I put together. Any feedback anyone has would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XHKP5UrFNs

Anonymous Filmmaker
12-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Nice job! Your pacing was very good, and the fact that you cut to the music is great. However, it could have been quite a bit shorter. Not in the length of the clips, as I said before was good, but just leave some out.

mara
12-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Macs rule...:)
I agree that as something for fans or subscribers to watch, it's too long. But great images.

spendalifetime
12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah thats fair. I guess its more of a "picture book" type memory to look back on/show friends+family so I agree its probably a bit long for others! But thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! Very much looking forward to getting stuck into this Macbook and some new projects in the new year!