PDA

View Full Version : My latest cover art

Nick Soares
12-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to show my last artwork I did for a friend, I was curious if I still had it. (obviously im no pro) but here it is. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.filmmakerforum.org/members/nick-soares-albums-testing-if-album-is-fixed-picture1162-testing-albums-final-plague.jpg

Anonymous Filmmaker
12-28-2013, 10:49 AM
I like it!

mara
12-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Very nice!
But it should be "anticipated" with a c not an s

Nick Soares
12-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Very nice!
But it should be "anticipated" with a c not an s

Nick Soares <--- worst spellr ;)

Kevin
12-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I'd almost suggest more or less staining on the lettering. You've got a couple of splotches here and there but I can't tell if they're intentional or not.

The zombie in front is a really creepy mix of undead and fundamentalist preacher to me. "Let me save your soul by eating your brains!" kind of thing... which is nicely creepy though I doubt it was intentional (I think it's the lighting effect above him). I kind of like it.

Director
12-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Looks great Nick.

And Mara, if you ever decide to quit making films, you'll have a promising career as a copy editor :)~

mara
12-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Director - I'm good at a few odd ball things, including spelling and parallel parking :)

khathawayart
01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Do posters have the word "starring" on them anymore?

That looked weird to me.

Also, as an experienced typographer, I can see the top type is too small to be read from across the room. This may mean making two lines, and having to decide who goes on top, etc.

But the image is super-cool and the type at bottom seems ship-shape, tho' I can't read it for typos...but it looks great.

Kurt Hathaway
khathawayart[at]gmail.com