PDA

View Full Version : Changes over time...

IndieFilmmaker
02-29-2012, 07:50 AM
I haven't been here in a while since i'm trying to raise funds for my next film.
It's seems forever at least to me. Anyways!

There is something I recently noticed.
Over the years, I have realized that my style of writing and filming has changed. How I'm incapable of doing something I did a few years back.
I have heard multiple people say it but I never really payed much attention to it.
Question.
What's the biggest change you have all noticed?

For me.
I noticed that I been focusing on darker, edgier, non-romantic films lately.
While is some there is a love interest... it's never the main focus. There's always a bigger "thing" going on.

Nick Soares
02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
well if your asking what is the biggest changes we have notices "for us" like me personally, It would most likely be the creative side has dropped a little thanks to my focus in the financial side of filmmaking. Before I could write a script out in days, now I dont even think I could. I dont think its a bad thing, I believe I have found my balance in this industry and its right were I want to be - Producing movies that people enjoy

2001 Productions
02-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Biggest change for me was getting signed by a manager who deals primarily with the major studios (he was a development exec. at one, originally). I'd been producing no-budget indie movies for decades, but was now expected to write "summer blockbuster" scripts. Talk about a paradigm shift! Suddenly, marketing considerations became first and foremost, which was a real learning experience - albeit a valuable one - for me.