PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Thriller: CRIMPS

2001 Productions
02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone,

Just discovered this forum today via Nick's interesting posts on IndieTalk. There seems to be some real insiders contributing to this forum, which is exciting.

I thought I'd start by introducing my latest project, CRIMPS. This is a supernatural thriller, my third original feature-length production. The trailer and more info may be found at my web site: 2001 Productions (http://www.2001productions.com)

The film is currently seeking distribution via Circus Road Films (http://circusroadfilms.com/), a producer's rep company in Los Angeles. I am represented as a writer/director in the Los Angeles area by David Baird of Kinetic Management.

My original screenplays have been recommended to four major studios by A-list production companies, and have garnered serious interest from several others, including Lightstorm Pictures (Avatar, Titanic) and Heyday Productions (the Harry Potter series). Alas, no options yet, but a new spec will be making the rounds soon, so fingers crossed. :)

While I do not currently reside in the L.A. area, I am planning to relocate there in the very near future and am very interested in collaborating with other serious filmmakers.

Thanks for reading, and thank you Nick for leading me to this forum!

Mick Alderman

Nick Soares
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Sweet, on my way to check it out now...

Nick Soares
02-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Mick, great stuff man. You have a very sellable film there.

Nice Job man, looking forward to possibly working with you in the near future. And thank for joining. Even though there is not a million people on here its almost better to keep this site as is, for professionals to communicate etc... I really find this forum to be amazing to start building lists as well, like the voice over section etc.. Anyway, glad to have you!

2001 Productions
02-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Mick, great stuff man. You have a very sellable film there.

I hope you're right! The Circus Road guys seemed to think so, too, but I've only gotten passes so far (of course, they're trying the big boys first: Sony, Sam Goldwyn, Weinstein Co., Lion's Gate, etc. so it's not that surprising).

Thanks so much for checking it out! Will definitely be spending more time on this forum.

Mick

Nick Soares
02-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I hope you're right! The Circus Road guys seemed to think so, too, but I've only gotten passes so far (of course, they're trying the big boys first: Sony, Sam Goldwyn, Weinstein Co., Lion's Gate, etc.) so it's not that surprising.

Thanks so much for checking it out! Will definitely be spending more time on this forum.

Mick

Question, who submitted to Sony, Lionsgate, etc... Even though you got turned down doesn't mean they wont accept it. They will normally send a default email stating that they do not accept "unsolicited" films - but they do this because they have too, not because they dont want your film. This is some info that 100%, maybe 99% :) of other forums and websites dont know. Even if it was an agent submitting, chances are if it wasnt CAA or any other large company, they will give you a legal notice saying they cant accept, but If you have a connection or the right agent, maybe a reputable lawyer then you can get a real no.

I saying this because you still might have a chance, I have seen worse films gone through LionsGate.

Nick

2001 Productions
02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer. CRIMPS is being submitted to distributors by Circus Road Films, which is a Producer's Rep firm in L.A. I wasn't going to go that route because of the up front cost, but my manager checked them out with his Hollywood contacts and they came highly recommended. They are attorneys as well and can negotiate deals on my behalf. They also cut their standard fee substantially, so I bit the bullet and signed on.

You are exactly right; I was getting nowhere doing it myself. Circus Road has direct contacts with people at those companies, so the film is being given consideration. They also post comments, 90% of which come down to, "Need big names," not surprisingly. :)

Nick Soares
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Will let me know when its out, Ill buy and rent it :)

2001 Productions
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
PM'ed you.