PDA

View Full Version : Movie music

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I am using music for my film from Istockphotos music section. Does anyone know if this is allowed for distribution companies? In common sense I don't see why not, but before I purchase the tracks I wanted to double check. Does anyone have experience buying music on a site like this?

Nick Soares
02-25-2012, 10:51 PM
From istockphoto:

Every royalty-free file licensed on iStockphoto includes a free Legal Guarantee. This is our promise that content, used within the terms of the license agreement, will not infringe any copyright, moral right, trademark or other intellectual property right or violate any right of privacy or publicity.
If you receive a threatened or actual claim that your use of iStockphoto content (used within the terms of the license agreement) is infringing any rights mentioned above, notify us of that claim and, with your consent, we will defend you and be responsible for your damages and expenses up to $10,000.
If you need a little extra peace of mind from iStockphoto, the Extended Legal Guarantee increases iStockphoto's responsibility for your damages and expenses up to $250,000. This Extended Legal Guarantee comes free on any file purchased from the Vetta Collection or Agency Collection, and can be added to any other file outside of those collections.
There is no financial cap to iStockphoto’s liability under the Pump Audio Content License Agreement.
You can license (or purchase) an Extended License when you first download content or anytime afterwards. Please note, when purchasing the Extended License at a later date, you will be required to re-license the file.

Nick Soares
02-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Just make sure you have the right license (might be the extended one?) and you "should" be good. Normally if you purchase it legally, you will be good.

Be sure to keep you email receipt to shod the distribution company, this is very important.

Nick

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow. Thankyou. haha. Hey Nick do you always use original scores in your films?

Nick Soares
02-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow. Thankyou. haha. Hey Nick do you always use original scores in your films?

Ghost Game - Yes
A Brush with Death - 50/50
Cult - Yes
Finding Hope Now - Yes
The Recording - 0 as its a found footage

I have purchased some, mostly for ambient sounds and some tension strings for the scary parts.

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Nice

saschaende
05-07-2012, 03:53 AM
If you need free (licence free) music, just have a look at my website:
Jump to www.free-soundtracks.com (http://www.free-soundtracks.com)

Cheers,
Sascha :)

roninfilmer
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Nice website!