PDA

View Full Version : Movie poster and DVD covers

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Question about movie posters and DVD covers. Are there companies that make professional looking covers and poster designs for reasonable prices? Or what is the usual method to obtain this stuff on a shoestring budget for the type of film that will most likely go to Maverick or one of those guys. Also does a place like Maverick, AVG, Grindstone make their own cover art or do you need to provide that?

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I meant AWP not AVG.

Nick Soares
02-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Question about movie posters and DVD covers. Are there companies that make professional looking covers and poster designs for reasonable prices? Or what is the usual method to obtain this stuff on a shoestring budget for the type of film that will most likely go to Maverick or one of those guys. Also does a place like Maverick, AVG, Grindstone make their own cover art or do you need to provide that?

Hey, first, just wanted to let you know that you can edit you message at anytime :)

So yes they do, I always handle this on my own outside of these companies as they can deduct an amazing amount of money from the profits, I completed my cover art for my last film from someone here on the forum.

http://www.therecordingmovie.com/images/the_recording.jpghttp://www.filmmakerforum.org/images/misc/therecording.jpg

I would like to see a screener of your film before you sign a deal and let you know if you can get more etc...

roninfilmer
02-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info. Definitely. I will most likely be done in 6 months with the movie. I just ask always with Maverick in mind just so I know a plan b last resort. Do they want a actual printed poster or just the files on a cd? If they want a actual poster, what company do you use to make the posters , if you don't mind me asking? Also what type of paper or printer do you use to print the DVD art as a model for these companies if they require one?

Nick Soares
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
I used Design Brewery, a user on this forum.