PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Feedback for TV Reality/Sitcom

Peter Breeze
02-25-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a reality show entitled, "REAL REALITY." It's based on other reality shows. Each half-hour episode is a irreverent and edgy treatment of a successful reality series. I poke fun at a genre that is currently passing as entertainment on television.

Think: SNL meets MadTV

I have a scripted half-hour pilot entitled, "House Hunters for the Homeless."

Synopsis A grungy middle-age homeless couple is ejected from a park, by the police, in order to allow "Occupy Demonstrators" who , oddly enough, demonstrate against the local government's lack of sensitivity toward the poor and homeless. The couple enlists the aid of a real estate agent to help them find a place to stay. The agent offers them three possible locations. The first, is an empty refrigerator carton over a steam vented grate on a sidewalk. The second, is a lean-to under a bridge. The third, is an abandoned pigeon coup on the roof of a high-rise apartment. They then agonize over which one to select.

I have several other episodes in outline. The titles are:

1. "Locker Wars"
2. "The Trainee"
3. "Dancing with the Pawn Stars"
4. "Cannibal Cook"
5. "Smelliest Catch"
6. "Cubic Zirconia Miners"
7. "Latvia's Got Talent"

You get the idea.

I'm mainly looking for feedback. Is this a viable concept? I'd like to take this to the next level and I'm interested in some initial reaction. I personally feel that reality programming has saturated television to the point of absurdity. I can't argue its success so why not poke some fun at it. I don't think I'm infringing on any story rights. That's what satire is all about.

I'd be interested to hear what you think?