PDA

View Full Version : I've got a good idea for the animation

myownself
09-24-2013, 12:02 AM
For the story anyways...

Since it's in the season of Halloween, maybe we can do something with that.

If it's an anthology like we're thinking, we can have like 4 friends that go do their own thing halloween night. Each beginning of the separate short films would be pretty much the same, until it was time to focus on the one character.

Patrick Wiley
09-24-2013, 03:37 PM
I think the setting's a little more fitting for a live action short anthology then an animated film. The fun of animation is it can feature big things which would be out of our budget in live action. Why limit ourselves to modern day suburbia for the entire duration when we have so many other options?

Instead of having each story take place on the same Halloween night why not have a series which takes place on different Halloween nights across time? We could have one story take place in Europe during the black Death, another in Salem during the witch trials, others could be in a post apocalyptic future. There could be some kind of artifact that ties the stories all together sort of like the Loc-Nar in Heavy Metal.

Jimmy
09-24-2013, 04:05 PM
What programs do you think would be needed for an animated film? Do we have someone that can do that?

myownself
09-24-2013, 04:54 PM
That would be awesome actually!

Patrick Wiley
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
What programs do you think would be needed for an animated film? Do we have someone that can do that?

We're working on recruiting animators. What program they use will depend on the style they're going for.

Klay M Abele
09-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I've seen some very impressive animators who just use After Effects, check this guy out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ8iWVY448s

All done in After Effects. Freakin amazing.

Anonymous Filmmaker
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
So this isn't happening?

Patrick Wiley
12-05-2013, 02:03 PM
I guess not unless we can find some animators.

JHar888
12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I love the Halloween idea! We NEED to get this going.

myownself
12-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Well halloween is long done. If we did anything now, it should probably be Christmas themed, or we just do something completely different.

JHar888
12-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Just because it isn't October anymore doesn't mean it shouldn't be Halloween-themed, as by time we finally get this thing complete it may very well be around October of 2014.

EDIT: I'm cool with really any sort of Holiday theme tbh, Halloween is just my fav. :)

Patrick Wiley
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Given how long this may take it would be a terrible idea to pick the subject based on what Holiday it is right now. If anything we should stick with the Halloween idea so we can have it ready for next October.

JHar888
12-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Given how long this may take it would be a terrible idea to pick the subject based on what Holiday it is right now. If anything we should stick with the Halloween idea so we can have it ready for next October.

This exactly.

Patrick Wiley
12-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Maybe we should ask Nick to make an animation sub forum to attract animators.

JHar888
12-27-2013, 07:38 AM
It seems as though a lot of folks have lost interest. What happened, folks?! If we, as a community, did an animated horror film that took place around the Halloween season, I think that would be pretty F'N awesome. :) If I have to go above and beyond to make sure we finally make progress on our community-made film, I will.

Maybe we should ask Nick to make an animation sub forum to attract animators.

This is one of the animators that was once active here, but has since disappeared. I really dig his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL9MXL0n6uY

We need to bring this guy back.