PDA

View Full Version : DVD/CD stuck in my iMac - How do I get it out?

Mark
09-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I have a DVD or CD in my iMac and it will not come out. I have tried just about everything except for sticking something in during the startup to try and force eject it.

Any help would be great!

Best Answer:

Everything in this article should do ---> http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tips-shortcuts/quick-tip-how-to-force-eject-a-stuck-disc/ If not are you 100% sure there is a disc in there, or will it just not accept discs therefor making it seem like there is one in there...

Try this,

Hold down the left mouse button, then reboot while you are still holding it down. Once it is rebooted open up iDVD and try to burn something. Then try to enter the disc.

Klay M Abele
09-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Have you tried the whole disk utility, select CD/DVD drive, eject, method?

Anonymous Filmmaker
09-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I can't really help get it out, as I'm a PC guy, but if all else fails, just get an external burner and disc reader. It may not be the best solution, but it's an alternative to paying who knows how much to have the Apple people take apart your computer to get it out. Good luck!

Nick Soares
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Mark, are you 100% sure there is a disc in there, or will it just not accept discs therefor making it seem like there is one in there...

Try this,

Hold down the left mouse button, then reboot while you are still holding it down. Once it is rebooted open up iDVD and try to burn something. Then try to enter the disc.

Mark
09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Holy **** Balls - How did you know there wasn't a disc in there???? It totally worked! Thank you, I was really stressing over that because it was holding my production back big time.

Nick Soares
09-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Holy **** Balls - How did you know there wasn't a disc in there???? It totally worked! Thank you, I was really stressing over that because it was holding my production back big time.

Because I have have had the same problem on my iMac