PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Mick Scarborough
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Greetings and salutations.

I am Mick Scarborough. I made my first film in 1978 using 8mm silent film in B&W. I was 14 years old. The film bug hit me. After that I went into stage acting for a while and then did some extra work in 80s TV shows. I was never satisfied with acting and always remembered making that film in 1978. I along with some friends made a 1 hour short in 1986 using VHS and editing with 2 decks. I was totally hooked but the lack of funds and technology was a burden. I next played with using reflection boxes (I forget the industry name for them) like a peppers ghost to create laser fx on video tape. I also got into blood fx and bullet hits all without the use of computers. I was inspired by Tom Savini. Anyhow life got in the way and the need to pay bills and raise a family pushed the film making aside for a decade. Now I am back and with a decent income to pay for stuff, I am ready to tackle my more grand ideas. I believe you never stop learning so here I am. I will certainly learn from all of you and maybe I can teach some old school stuff to one of you in return.

Cheers to all the filmmakers.

Anonymous Filmmaker
08-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the forum!

ComedyGuy
08-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome!

L A Morgan
08-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Greetings! Welcome to the friendliest forum!

D4Darious
08-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Congrats and welcome!