PDA

View Full Version : Actors through Mandy.com reliable?

HDocks
08-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone

Just wondered if people have experience with hiring actors through Mandy.com and whether they were reliable ?

I have a short film which I am looking to start shooting in a couple of weeks for the One shot movie competition and I need three actors for it so I was thinking of posting an ad on Mandy.com and asking people to send videos of them saying the lines from the script rather than hosting a face to face audition as i don't feel there's enough time, plus I don't have a budget for this!

Any advice on whether this will be a good way to get actors?

The Camera Man
08-18-2013, 11:51 AM
In college, a Uni student put this site down as a suggestion for us. He said it was the best site he had used to seek talent for his production, granted the costs for their traveling and such forth.

Hope that helps a little bit..

mara
08-18-2013, 04:10 PM
I haven't used them for actors, but did use the site successfully for crew

Adlc
08-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post! Just wanted to say that we used 4 actors from Mandy for a corporate, we only had 72 hours notice and they all turned up on time and were fantastic. You should def do video audition though, we didn't have time so went by photos, and while they were all great, one girl didn't quite look like her headshots..... Starnow is also quite good for actors.

UniqueAmI
08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
There's good and bad at every site. Interview them, check on-line, do your homework and hopefully everything turns out well. I've used mandy and a few others. Actors want to work, so you should have no problem.