PDA

View Full Version : 1 Page Side Sample anyone?

Nick Soares
02-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Ok so check this out,

I have been receiving lots of emails saying that the talents doesnt have any footage or reel, but they would film themselves reading some sides.

So I thought It would be cool if anyone has an idea of a 1 page side that can really get me to see if this talent will fit in this drama. So if anyone of you are interested in writing a 1 page side that I can send to these actors to record, that would be great, and really fun as well. I always found it cool to see my words written being spoken by an actor. So the best 1 page side for an emotional (crying scene "I need one for males & one for females") will be sent out to all the talent requesting it.

Go ahead and attach it in this thread and I will try and pick one tonight.

(note) maybe you have a page in your script that will fit this request, that works too.

This may also help show your talent in writing :)

If you have to do 2 pages, thats fine.

Nick Soares

Ralph
02-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Here's a one page titled, "Fred." :D

Nick Soares
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Sweet, i will check it out once i get done with work

Ruben
02-19-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi Nick!

Here's a crying scene.

MICHAEL is a young English guy who is trying to make things work on a remote, weather-whipped Irish island. MOSS is his uncle and, until this scene, has never uttered more than a couple of grunts.

Hope you like it.

Ruben

estherdanielle
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I loved this Ruben. Very beautiful!! :)

lakita harris
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Hey nick i can totally do this i've has past experience with monolouges. Here is a crying scene ok this girl has a sister they have always.lived with each other until one day this man tries to break that up by taking one of the girls away . i hope you like it.

lakita harris
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Here is another crying scene. there is this girl who always tells so she was put in witness protection and her family never saw her again. hope you like

lakita harris
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Or here goes another one this girl goes.and cheats on her husband and she never knew what she had until it was gone so she is totally depressed. i hope u like it.

Nick Soares
02-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Lakita,

Any change you can get a script format to me? The way it is now, I definitely wouldn't be able use it.

Then attach it here :)

kayak
02-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Here's my 2 page. It's an excerpt from Space Pirates , episode 2

Nick Soares
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Just added in, that i need one for males, and females. Ok checking out now

Nick Soares
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Ok, so im going to "like" the one im going to use :) - This doesnt mean those im not using that I didnt like your, just I felt the one I use will best suit what im doing at this point.

Nick Soares
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Ok, ive read them all, and I need something more. I am going to have the talent film themselves doing this. I personally felt the most well written was Ruben's, I was there at the potato field. That is how a professional script and test side needs to be, though Ruben, if you can give me a little more dialog either in that scene, or a different one that would be great.

Kayak & Ralph, you obviously show you can right, but show me something better, I know you guys can do it.

rdhay
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Ah, bummed I missed this!! Oh well, maybe next time:)

Nick Soares
02-19-2012, 02:37 PM
rdhay, im still looking

Ralph, I know you can get me something :)

Ruben
02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi, Nick!

I'm flattered. Here is the new version of the scene, with added dialogue.
Please let me know if you require any other changes.

Regards,

Ruben

Ruben
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
ooops ... i didn't press "UPLOAD".

Here it is.

Ruben

rdhay
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
rdhay, im still looking

Ralph, I know you can get me something :)

Oh, awesome. I'll put something together today and post.

Ralph
02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
This one's called, "IF," one of the biggest words in the English dictionary.
It's one page exactly, light on action, heavy on dialogue, and pregnant with emotion for a male and a female actor. Hope it's what you're looking for. Thought this was "gone." Ignore 2nd post.

kayak
02-19-2012, 06:31 PM
"Selenaville" is set in an underground moon city. A serial killer who stowed away on shuttle is loose in the city.

It's two scenes several pages apart.

Ralph
02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
This one's called, "IF," one of the biggest words in the English language.
It's one page exactly, light on action, heavy on dialogue, and pregnant with emotion for a male and a female actor. Hope it's what you're looking for.

rdhay
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Okay, here goes:) Hopefully you guys like!

Edit: Just realized I forgot my fades:p That's what I get for bangin it out in an hour:p

Nick Soares
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Ok, just got some free time. let me go through these

Ruben
02-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi Nick.

Here's a piece (two-pager) which you might be able to give to the talent.

PHIL is a young mafioso who arrives at this venue, the candy store, half
expecting to get whacked. He is enormously relieved when his friend and
colleague, SAL, turns out to have nothing but affection for him.

It is almost all dialogue.

I try, as a rule, to write my scenes so that they are "stand-alone", ie they
form little self-contained dramas. It's another way of saying, I've got a
lot of material that the talent can use.

Regards,

Ruben

Nick Soares
02-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Ruben, Ralph, rdhay, = all accepted

I will use all of you sides and all talent will read from all three, this way I can get a good feel.

If they give me permission, I will show you the video so you can see your work come to life :)

rdhay
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Yeah, definitely share:) Thanks heaps!!

Ruben
02-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Thank you, Nick

Ralph
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Look forward to seeing the results.
Thanks, Nick!