PDA

View Full Version : LOG 29 | Short Survival Horror

whisk25
07-26-2013, 02:38 PM
What do you guys think? I don't usually include talking in these types of videos, but I tried in this one for a change and want some feedback!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCpoaDHUlzI

spacecadetmotionpictures
07-27-2013, 03:24 PM
This was an interesting video... Kept me wondering what's going on until the end.

My biggest suggestion, though, is that you need to turn off the auto exposure function on your camera. It was very distracting every time it would adjust itself, especially when your white shirts would fill the frame. If you let me know what Camera and model you are using, I can help you figure out the settings with an online manual, if you need it.

And, as soon as possible, you should get a microphone (preferably a shotgun) and use it to either record directly to the camera's audio inputs or get yourself a separate digital audio recorder (Like a TASCAM DR-40, which I got and love) and spend some more time on creating a solid audio track (foley, background sounds and dialog).

Good stuff tho. Will keep on watching what you post!

whisk25
07-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I have very basic equipment, which limits a lot of what I can do, unfortunately. I only have a flip camera, which is literally point and shoot, I don't have any sound equipment, but I am looking to get some!

spacecadetmotionpictures
07-29-2013, 04:14 PM
I have very basic equipment, which limits a lot of what I can do, unfortunately. I only have a flip camera, which is literally point and shoot, I don't have any sound equipment, but I am looking to get some!

I hear ya on that one. Good equipment is very expensive, but so worth it once you do get it.

It's good that you are making movies with what you got though. It's better than just sitting around wishing and waiting.

whisk25
07-30-2013, 12:03 PM
I hear ya on that one. Good equipment is very expensive, but so worth it once you do get it.

It's good that you are making movies with what you got though. It's better than just sitting around wishing and waiting.

Yeah, that's what I figured, it's best to make the most with what I have, and then when I can get better equipment, I'll be ready to use it! :-)