PDA

View Full Version : My Half-Assed Cast

The Camera Man
07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
I received allot of help from you dashing folks when it came to casting my first big film, and one of the things that was.. well really put forward as a 'must do' was to give all of my actors copies of the finished product.

The film's been done for a while now, and I've only been able to give one of the copies out. This is due to the fact that some actors won't respond to my messages and some can't find the time to grab their copy.

What do you reckon? Should I keep nagging them to take the discs or just leave them to it?

dory811
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
if you can get addresses i would just mail them out. if they don't respond then that's sort of on them, you've done your job.

mara
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
What dory811 said :)
The only thing I'd add is make the copies for all of them and put them aside in a safe place. That way when they call you in 6 months or a year, you have them ready.

L A Morgan
07-18-2013, 05:27 PM
You did the best you could. It would be to their advantage to have a copy if they get another job. Have you shown your film at any festivals yet?

UniqueAmI
07-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Mailing them is the best idea, or if they're in a condensed area, drop them all off in one night or afternoon. All the actors I know complain how they want copies of their work and the film makers never respond to their e-mails. Congrats on completing your movie. It's an accomplishment.

The Camera Man
07-19-2013, 03:34 AM
As always, your words are appreciated. I don't have any of their addresses, which is another thing I've learned - address, number and full name.

I think I'll let it slide unless one of them contacts me and then take better precautions next time around.

Charli
07-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Keep the copies safe. They will come around soon enough to ask for one to grab a snippet for their demo reel.

UniqueAmI
07-19-2013, 10:54 AM
You know what you should do to bust their chops. When someone asks for a copy, tell them you lost them. They sat around your house so long that they went missing. Then of course send them a copy. Just make them wait a little. Yeah, I'm evil.

The Camera Man
07-19-2013, 05:46 PM
You know what you should do to bust their chops. When someone asks for a copy, tell them you lost them. They sat around your house so long that they went missing. Then of course send them a copy. Just make them wait a little. Yeah, I'm evil.

As am I, thus this will be more than likely be the case for me out of pure spite.

ironpony
12-23-2013, 08:46 PM
If they are ignoring your messages, that probably means they don't want a copy of the movie, and so who cares?

Smith
12-23-2013, 09:30 PM
On all my cast and crew release forms, I have spaces for their name, address, email address, phone number and social security number. If you include an address line on your release forms, you'll already have the info you need to mail them their copy.

Kevin
12-26-2013, 08:30 AM
I'd lean towards making them give you their address (if you don't have it) so you can mail it when they finally get around to contacting you... though you might keep a couple of copies handy just in case someone with a valid excuse (I've been in a coma!) comes by. You might want to use the actors again after all.