PDA

View Full Version : African American Actors Needed

UniqueAmI
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
There are no African American Actors in NYC.

I've taken out two Ads for a play I want to produce. I've gotten in total 5 responses. My latest Ad has 1 response to play the lead.

If you know any African American Actors in the Tri State area pass this Notice off to them.

They probably won't be members, so they can't apply through the site. But, they can e-mail me at wfmh[at]comcast.net just ask them to put EC Audition in the subject.

Thanks!

ENEMY COMBATANT (http://www.nycastings.com/Public_s/v3_ViewNoticeDetail.asp?Qc=Theatre&QPn=1&Qn=53958)

L A Morgan
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Are you looking for women or just men?

UniqueAmI
07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
1 AA woman and 1 AA man. Both in their late 20s early thirties.

I need some choice in these two.

The supporting roles and the old man I think I have covered.

mara
07-12-2013, 06:09 AM
Where have you posted this so far?

UniqueAmI
07-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Mandy and nycastings

mara
07-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Try Backstage also.

If you're not already doing it as an Equity Showcase, you might consider doing that - the approval process isn't all that hard.

UniqueAmI
07-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Try Backstage also.

If you're not already doing it as an Equity Showcase, you might consider doing that - the approval process isn't all that hard.

Backstage is not free for postings. I used them for Leading Lady. I think this play is close to ready for performance. But, I could be totally wrong on that, it might actually suck. So, right now I'm just looking to hold a reading. It would be perfect to have an African-American man and woman read the lead parts. But, it's not completely necessary. I have the two leads from my films that are magnificent actors who will do the reading if I ask. Of course they're white and older than the characters. But, for a reading it could work. I just prefer to have people that might eventually get to play the part live to be the readers.

The lack of African-American actors submitting is mind-boggling.

1 submitted for the lead role and 3 for the supporting role. The roles are interchangeable. Both are AA between 25 - 35 years old. Why wouldn't you apply for the lead? The worst that could happen is you don't get it or apply for both.

Now, on the other hand, for the lead AA female, I've gotten 10 responses, 4 of those are white.

For the old white guy I've gotten 15 responses, all from white males.

This is the second time I'm trying to cast this, and there's something wrong.