PDA

View Full Version : Problem with actress on set

Charles
07-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey FMF!

I have a bit of an issue, I have an actress that has filmed the first 45 minutes of our movie, she is getting paid and now she says she needs to start working at her dads business to start saving money. We just need another 3 days of shooting and she knows that. How do I get her back to set? We cannot complete the film

UniqueAmI
07-09-2013, 01:24 PM
A few things... All of which might work and might not.

1. I imagine it's not just you and her. Appeal to her sense of "team". If she flops out on you, then everyone loses. Not just monetarily but artistically.

2. This is a lot more work. But, it could be the solution. Find out when she's available and change the schedule to meet her needs. It's not as hard as you might think.

These are the two "right" ways of going about it.

The meaner ways are-

Hopefully they signed a contract which gives you the right to sue if they fail to complete their duties as actor/ADR etc... Don't threaten to sue. But, explain they can't get paid if they don't finish. They can't receive any footage for reels. As an absolute last resort (I mean monthes and monthes from now) after you've spoken a hundred times and can't come to an agreement, threaten to sue for everything you've shelled out.

If you don't have a signed contract - you're SCREWED.

If your signed contract doesn't have stipulations regarding completed work, again screwed.

Hopefully, you can work something out, for everyone involved.

Nick Soares
07-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Good words UniqueAmI,

Charles, can you let of know as much about her as you can (Personality wise) - Does she want to become an actress, how has her performance been so far etc...

I think its obvious that there are financial issues and let this be a lesson to you for future casting. So if its finances then you need to thing about the cause and effect of possibly offering her more then what you are. If it will take an extra $400-500 dollars to get her back to complete the film then it might be worth it for you to do so. Also, does she have any backend points?

Anonymous Filmmaker
07-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Great thread. Subbed!