PDA

View Full Version : "Broken In" Short Film 2012

JoeCanton22
07-06-2013, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwbX07qxgAE

Hello to all,

This is a short film I made in March of 2012. I filmed it, edited it, and put it out the same day. It was really just to test my camera which I had bought that week, and also just to play with lighting and see what the camera can do. In all honesty, I hate it. There are so many problems and so many things I want to change, but that's film I guess.

Cheers,
Joe Canton

Anonymous Filmmaker
07-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Nice! Here are my comments: 1, in some parts it is way too dark. 2, you really need some SFX or Foley. 3, I noticed a few continuity errors. But, the music is great. I also really loved some of the camera angles. The whole thing had an eerie sense to it, but I think that you could work on your pacing. How did you get the effect at 2:15? I really love that shot. The ending was a great twist. Great job overall!

MD Morgan
07-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Rober or hitman? Kept me wating and interested. A few tweaks and you are all set. Nice job.

JoeCanton22
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Well I did produce a sequel that answered that question, but I never completed it. And the shot at 2:15 was done by turning off every light in the house and turning on one set light. Then putting it into iMovie and slapping a dreamy effect. :)

Thanks for the words though!

Nick Soares
07-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Wow, you could see the clouds at 0:48 - Thats camera sure does pick up low lighting

The Camera Man
07-07-2013, 05:43 PM
If you think yours is bad, you should see the film I made to test out my new camera...

JoeCanton22
07-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't like it because like they say, the worst critic is yourself. I've had people tell me its amazing, its gotten me some music video gigs. So I'm proud of it, but I still wish I could go back and fix it all entirely.

I don't know if it's low lighting or just because of the street lights but yeah, it picks up clouds :) It's Canon T2i

Chan Walrus
07-09-2013, 10:24 AM
One thing I can say is it's always good to be positive about all your work, regardless of the future act of looking back on something and hating it for whatever reason, you should be positive about the impact that work had on the projects that made your future, even if you look back and think what the hell was that. :) You've created a nice little film, be proud of it. I deleted so much stuff I made in the beginning, and now I look back in sadness because I've lost all that work that made me.

Solaraproductions
07-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Hey I thought this was really good for a test :) how are you finding that camera I was going to purchase it but pulled out in the end ??

JoeCanton22
07-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Here is the short teaser for the since cancelled Broken In Part II. I was going to explain the story through Part II and Part III, and Part III would be the only one to have dialogue. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=396705393720841

Anonymous Filmmaker
07-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Here is the short teaser for the since cancelled Broken In Part II. I was going to explain the story through Part II and Part III, and Part III would be the only one to have dialogue. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=396705393720841

Looks good! One comment: the edges of the text were a bit sharp. I assume you keyframed a fast blur or something, so just keep a few pixels of blur when you want it to be completely clear, and I'm pretty sure you will like that better.