PDA

View Full Version : Action On Film Festival - AOF 2013

Nick Soares
06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that DiGi Distribution will be one of the distributors invited again to AOF 2013 -

If you have a short film, feature film, series etc.. Go to www.aoffest.com and submit. Don't hesitate! This will be a great chance to meet many other filmmakers just like yourself!

AOF is ran by Del Weston, someone that I have much respect for and is one of the most caring people I have ever met. It all goes down in Monrovia at the Kevorkian theater! The festival starts August 16th so I hope to see you there!

M5Boss
06-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Action On Film, one of the festivals I really look forward to attending each yea. Del does such a great job with making this event filmmaker centered, it's about you and how you can be served... no matter what point you are at in the film making process.

EricTheMan
06-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Ughhh, I wish I could go. I have seen lots of pictures from that film festival and it looks to be very fun

dory811
06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
My short film got into this festival so if anyone on here is going I'd love to meet up and talk filmmaking at the festival!

Havey
06-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Wish I could be there!!!

dory811
07-15-2013, 01:31 PM
So I have a question and I didn't want to start a new thread because it is regarding this film festival, and there's already a thread for it. lol

Anyways, this is the first film festival I'll ever have gone to, and I got an email from the festival with a bunch of helpful ideas and ways i could promote my film at this festival.

This will sound silly, but before this email it hadn't occurred to me that I need to fill the seats at my festival screening, i guess i thought people would watch it by default because that's what they're going to the film festival for in the first place. I'm so grateful to AOF for sending me this email so early because i wouldn't have thought very much about self promotion otherwise.

So now that I've been enlightened on something that should have been painfully obvious to me before, does anyone have any ideas on how I could promote my film at this festival? It's a short so I'm not exactly looking for distribution as much as I'm looking for networking and people who might be interested in my work as a writer/director in the future.

So now im terrified that the theater will be empty during my screening, because if I already knew people like that to invite, I wouldn't be so anxious about going to AOF in the first place.

Thanks for any advice or words of wisdom you guys might have.

Jimmy
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Dory, thats a great question! Subscribed!

EDIT* Any chance I can see your film, maybe once I see it I can help you with figuring out what to do

dory811
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Im going to set up a private link to share with the forum pretty soon I think, because I've been wanting people on here to be able to take a look for a while, but I dont want it public because a lot of festivals frown on that.

mara
07-15-2013, 03:39 PM
As soon as you have our screening date, time, and location, be sure to tell everyone you know who lives in the area. FB events are good for that. And remind them often.

Post the info on every forum where you participate. And repeat it many times.

If you have a trailer, post that . Tell us why we should see your movie.

Consider getting inexpensive postcards with whatever image you use to promote the movie on one side, and some general info about the movie on the other. Leave room for an address label: for every festival where you screen, put a label on it with screening info; this way you don't need to reprint the postcards.

Go to other screenings and hand out postcards- be friendly, express interest in other people's movies, and invite them to see yours. Offer reciprocity: I'll come to your screening if you come to mine.

It's a battle... You DO need to market your movie.
Good luck!

mara
08-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll be at AOF from Wednesday afternoon the 21st through Friday the 23rd. I look forward to seeing any forum members who are there!

dory811
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I will be there Monday-Friday

The screening for my film is on the 22nd at 6pm, the film is called Betta Fish. I hope we get to meet up and chat!

mara
08-16-2013, 11:29 AM
adding it to my calendar :)

Nick Soares
08-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey Guys, I will be speaking at the AOF Brunch tomorrow and we will be screening films after that for a few days. Mara I hope we get a chance to see each other!

mara
08-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Hope so, Nick!

Nick Soares
08-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Dory, i will be at the theatre all day today hopefully we can meet, Mara i am leaving tuesday night but should be back friday

mara
08-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Great - will touch base Friday to see if you did make it back.

dory811
08-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Hey! Sorry for the delay i didnt get an alert to this reply. Anyways I wasn't there today but I will be there from tomorrow night and every day after. Hope we still get a chance to meet, and I'm sorry I missed the brunch!

Director
08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Nick, what night do you think would be the best for me to attend the festival?