PDA

View Full Version : World Cast Movie seeks 12 actors from 18-80, audition from anywhere

WorldCastMovie
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi all, I'm seeking 12 actors for a feature film that will be the world's first to shoot in a decentralized manner. Actors that are cast will be sent full blue screen studios that they can keep after the production, and the recorded footage will be sent back to HQ in Berlin for editing.

All details, including monologues to choose from, and instructions on how to submit an audition, can be found at http://worldcastmovie.com

Cheers!
Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBipV2X3YI

Nick Soares
06-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Thank you for fixing the "duplicate" content post. - I have removed ROBOTS warnings.

MrJay10
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM
I want to audition but I'm not really sure as to the background behind the monologues. More specifically what the situation in the scene is or how it should be portrayed. I would appreciate it, thanks :)

WorldCastMovie
06-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I want to audition but I'm not really sure as to the background behind the monologues. More specifically what the situation in the scene is or how it should be portrayed. I would appreciate it, thanks :)

Hi Mr. Jay,

We are looking forward to all kinds of interpretations, that's why we left the stage directions so open. It gives us a good chance to see where there actor's instincts lie, and what kind of vibe they naturally bring to the role.

That said, as far as style, we're looking for actors that are rooted in the text while still being able to "sell the jokes" within the monologues. That is, the audience should be having a good time, but the characters aren't necessarily enjoying themselves.

The story see 12 strangers stuck in a basement for a couple of weeks, and see them failing at helping build a supporting community. Personality conflicts emerge pretty quickly, as does a fight over resources and what to do about their problem.

Hope that helps!

We look forward to whatever you bring to it.

Thanks!

Vance Baryn
06-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I'll be sending in an audition. One question. Are we allowed to send in more than one audition to audition for different roles or will we be considered for all roles no matter who we read for?

WorldCastMovie
06-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I'll be sending in an audition. One question. Are we allowed to send in more than one audition to audition for different roles or will we be considered for all roles no matter who we read for?

Hi Vance, awesome, we're looking forward to it! At this time, we can only process one audition/character per actor. We may have you read for something else if we need to during the callback process, however. Thanks again, and break a leg man!

WorldCastMovie
06-22-2013, 03:30 AM

Hi Vance, awesome, we're looking forward to it! At this time, we can only process one audition/character per actor. We may have you read for something else if we need to during the callback process, however. Thanks again, and break a leg man!

WorldCastMovie
08-03-2013, 04:39 AM
We had another great month of auditions (with submissions from 38 countries), and look forward to more.

Just one month left, so please come throw your hat in the ring, or spread the word to actors you know who might be interested.

Cheers!
WCM