PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Filmshift Festival - Kickstarter

Filmshift1
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Hello Fellow Filmmakers!

3rd Annual Filmshift Film Festival by Jeremy Hammel — Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/183494457/3rd-annual-filmshift-film-festival)

Please consider either sharing the above link or helping my Kickstarter campaign, Thanks! Info below:

Jeremy Jed Hammel (aka: Me) is an award-winning filmmaker and writer who's passion, joy, and a big part of his life is the art of film. I founded the Filmshift Festival (The FilmShift Festival | Shift Your Community. Change The World. | October 2011 | Boston (http://www.filmshift.org)) in 2009 to bring together my love of the art of film, my desire to give back to charity, and to do my small part to affect the world in a positive way. The 3rd annual Filmshift Festival will present films from across the nation that are produced independently and on the local level. It is being planned to happen in October 2012.

I've received a solid amount of sponsorship money in the past, (Powderhouse Productions, The Longfellow Club, Cambridge Naturals), but despite their gracious support, the event has always cost me a great deal of money "out-of-pocket." This year, my hope is to avoid that entirely. The truth is, if I cannot reach the minimum budget needed to organize the festival, I won't be able to have it this year.

Ten percent of gross ticket sales will be donated to Christopher's Haven, a local charity that provides low-cost housing to families of children receiving cancer treatment in Boston.

Another of our goals is to highlight films that use predominantly small, local, or “Green” businesses.

We offer a number of awards and a cash prize of $1000 to one film each year. Past prize sponsors include: Script magazine, Cambridge Naturals, Final Draft, Somerville Local First, Powderhouse Productions, Inktip, ProductionHub, The Longfellow Club, and Improv Boston.

Filmshift presents features and shorts from categories such as drama, comedy, horror, animated, environmental and documentary. All categories are welcome for consideration.