PDA

View Full Version : So are we doing the Documentary

myownself
05-22-2013, 09:08 PM
...Because I know that's what Nick wants to do.

Patrick Wiley
05-23-2013, 12:25 AM
We voted for a narrative short. It won 10 to 4. Nick made the poll himself to determine what we should go with.

myownself
05-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Ah, awesome!

Havey
05-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Need to get everyone organized and on the same page with this.

I feel like some people have drifted away from the entire idea lately.

myownself
05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah. No offense to Nick, but he kinda needs to start getting more involved again, but I bet he's crazy busy so I can understand.

Havey
05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Trust me, he is incredibly busy.I'm pretty sure he is working on a film. He is also running his Distribution company, which I'm sure requires an insane amount of work.

myownself
05-23-2013, 08:15 AM
I believe it. Maybe he should hand front man position to somebody else so can get the ball rolling? Or at least assign a guy to do all that.

Vance Baryn
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm still around and interested. Just waiting for the ball to start rolling. First thing that needs to get done is get the script writing sorted out.

Havey
05-23-2013, 09:39 AM
I'd be willing to look over the project as long as people would let me run it my way, so I can keep everything organized.

When I say run it my way, that means...just basically the way I run my normal production of everything that I work on. Just to make it easier for everyone.

Patrick Wiley
05-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I think we can move forward without Nick for now.

Do you guys want to move this to the "Moving Forward" thread. That's where I was trying to get a discussion going with how writing should be executed.

myownself
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Well, I'm thinking Havey should make a thread explaining things.

Havey
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm a little busy tonight. But let me write some notes down and I'll have a thread up tomorrow evening for everyone! That way we can have one central place to talk about moving forward with the project and where we stand so far.

L A Morgan
05-23-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm fine with the documentary, but here's a suggestion. Why don't we do two films? It appears there's enough people involved to do both.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm fine with the documentary, but here's a suggestion. Why don't we do two films? It appears there's enough people involved to do both.

Interesting idea. That might work.Do you think people would be limited to one, or could they work on both? Also, if we do that we would need organizers for each.

myownself
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Ah, I really like that idea. We WILL need 2 organizers. Anonymous is right about that. That shouldn't be a big problem though.

Havey
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Alright so I think this is what we are going to do.

I'm going to be the overall guy who watches over the project. That way we can stay organized.

I am going to look over BOTH projects, but I am going to have 2 people be organizers who can report everything back to me and that will be the person who is kind of the overall organizer of either the narrative or doc..

That way I can keep both projects in order, post updates for both and keep the entire thing clean. Then the two organizers will be over their selected section.

Before I make the big thread tomorrow, does anyone volunteer to be an organizer for either side?

I need one for the doc., and one for the narrative.

myownself
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I can be an organizer for either one. I don't really have a preference.

L A Morgan
05-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Go, Havey! I think we should not be limited to working on only one of the projects. As I mentioned somewhere in this mess, we should come up with a genre for the script, using screenplays that are already completed. Then we should have a contest and take a final vote on it. Sorry, but I don't have the time to be an organizer. What do you think, guys (and I mean that in the generic sense)?

Patrick Wiley
05-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Alright so I think this is what we are going to do.

I'm going to be the overall guy who watches over the project. That way we can stay organized.

I am going to look over BOTH projects, but I am going to have 2 people be organizers who can report everything back to me and that will be the person who is kind of the overall organizer of either the narrative or doc..

That way I can keep both projects in order, post updates for both and keep the entire thing clean. Then the two organizers will be over their selected section.

Before I make the big thread tomorrow, does anyone volunteer to be an organizer for either side?

I need one for the doc., and one for the narrative.

I might be up to the challenge of being the narrative organizer

Havey
05-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Ok guys! So basically I got swamped with work yesterday and today is a graduation and a bunch of parties and stuff that I promised people I would attend. So if I don't get the thread made tonight, it will, 100% be up by tomorrow evening.

I'm going to be covering just about everything. Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages and helped fill me in on some things!