PDA

View Full Version : Something Inspirational

myownself
05-14-2013, 11:39 AM
What if we made something that was inspiring, whether it was a doc or a narrative short. People always love a good inspiring film, and I have a couple good ideas that could fit this.

L A Morgan
05-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I like this inspirational concept. Maybe it could have people talking about good deeds they did or heard about.

myownself
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
That would be something cool for a doc. I was also thinking we could show off what community service is like an each of the locations we have. It would then go to show the affects of community service and the such.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I think this could be good for a doc, but I would prefer something different if we do narrative.

myownself
05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
When I think of inspirational and narrative I think of movies like Crash. We could so use our different locations to our advantage!

brianknapp
05-14-2013, 12:24 PM
That sounds like a great idea!

Patrick Wiley
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm much more in favor of a story which is entertaining but hits on serious social issues.

OffMindEnt
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm much more in favor of a story which is entertaining but hits on serious social issues.

Agreed. A narrative short can be inspirational and uplifting too. I would much prefer that than a documentary.

myownself
05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
And we can do that if we don't do the doc. It can still be inspirational.

Havey
05-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Hm, sounds interesting, I would be down for something like this.

L A Morgan
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Maybe we could do something about fundraising events and how they're pulled together. This might give other people some good ideas about their own fundraisers. For instance, I and some others are trying to put together a fundraiser for The Haven, a wonderful local organization that has helped people in crisis situations with food, clothing, housing, etc. If any of you are doing something like this, we could create a variety of inspirational segments, and, hopefully, their successful conclusions.

SamuelR74
05-16-2013, 09:44 AM
There are a lot of good ideas floating around in the other threads, but I guess I'm an old softy when it comes to inspiring movies. Many people love a feel-good movie. Especially in this modern world where mass media floods us with images of terror, murder, AR-15 wielding assailants, and marathon bombers. People want to be inspired and reminded what HOPE looks and feels like. Just look at Silver Linings Playbook. I hate to admit it, but I really related to that character based on the many life-experiences I have endured. It resonated with me, even if it wasn't that great of a movie.

Patrick Wiley
05-16-2013, 04:40 PM
See my problem is I feel a story like that appeals most to the softies. I'd rather we make something that on the surface seems like regular old fun that will get the interests of the cynical and apathetic and then BANG hit em with some social relevance.

L A Morgan
05-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe we should all take a vote on this.

Patrick Wiley
05-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I'd prefer to vote directly on scripts. These are shorts after all.

It'd be a huge pain if we all voted on a genre or premise only to find out no one has enough good ideas to expand it into a script.