PDA

View Full Version : My First Video for My Channel

brianknapp
05-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Just made a gopro edit for fun and also so I could at least have one video on my channel until I get more time and better equipment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DNS8zgHEk I know the title isnt that great Sony Vegas isnt working right now so I had to edit this with Movie Maker not bad if i say myself though.... please leave your opinion criticism welcomed!

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM
This is fine for a moviemaker edit, but there are many things that I would've changed if it wasn't. To name a few: color correction, stabilization, how the title light things go into the black area, and fix the natural fish eye. Also, did you film in this aspect ratio or was it moviemaker?

brianknapp
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah the aspect ratio was moviemaker and I definitely agree with color correction and stabalization but both were impossible cuz again no Sony vegas and out the blue I decided to make it so all I had was a strap and the GoPro so it was all handheld but yeah thanks for the input definitely will be in use next time!

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah the aspect ratio was moviemaker and I definitely agree with color correction and stabalization but both were impossible cuz again no Sony vegas and out the blue I decided to make it so all I had was a strap and the GoPro so it was all handheld but yeah thanks for the input definitely will be in use next time!

I dont really know vegas, but can you get rid of the fish eye? I know that you can in AE.

brianknapp
05-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes you can but I kinda liked it better in fisheye to me it just looked cooler and more wide angle.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes you can but I kinda liked it better in fisheye to me it just looked cooler and more wide angle.

Yeah, just like lens flares, some like it and others don't. Personally, I don't like fisheye, but there is no right or wrong.

brianknapp
05-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Very true (btw I like lens flares lol)

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Very true (btw I like lens flares lol)

My theory is the more lens flares the better!

L A Morgan
05-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Good choice of music and synchrony.

brianknapp
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Good choice of music and synchrony.
Thanks!

brianknapp
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
My theory is the more lens flares the better!
Eh, I sorta agree if used in moderation.