PDA

View Full Version : Post Production

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I thought that I would make a post production thread. What are your ideas? I would be happy to do some editing on Premiere or After Effects work.

brianknapp
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Me too!

Director
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
I really feel that having one editor would be best, and even though I have both Final Cut Pro 7, and Premiere CS6, I tend to favor FCP. Which brings up a question. If we choose to use more than one editor, how seamlessly can we go from say FCP7 to Premiere CS6? Is it even possible? I have personally never tried it before.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-02-2013, 03:16 AM
I really feel that having one editor would be best, and even though I have both Final Cut Pro 7, and Premiere CS6, I tend to favor FCP. Which brings up a question. If we choose to use more than one editor, how seamlessly can we go from say FCP7 to Premiere CS6? Is it even possible? I have personally never tried it before.

I'm not sure about the back and forth, but it also depends on how long the film is. If were just doing a short or something, then we would only need one editor. However, it may be nice to split the work up if its a feature or something the same length.

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-02-2013, 03:04 PM

I just checked, and Premiere can import Final Cut Pro XML files. Do you know if that is how FCP normally saves?

nico_was_here
07-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I can do the basic editing in premier pro.. I have lots of experience with this program.. Some on e else can do the After Effects work..

BigChris
07-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm a huge fan of Final Cut Pro X, (it was just so easy and the interface wasn't nearly as intimidating as past FCP's.) I found it to be iMovie only with much more sophisticated options. Now I'm so used to using it that I can't imagine cutting with anything else.

Charli
07-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Not everyone has a set editor, so it's nice to see who is out there.