PDA

View Full Version : What if.....

SamuelR74
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
What if you could only work with ONE Hollywood person (actor, director, editor, screenwriter, cinematographer, fx, stunt, composer, animal, etc.) who would it be and why? No cheating, you can only pick ONE!

Director
04-29-2013, 06:52 AM
This is an easy one for me. I would work with Oliver Stone. He only makes good to great movies on a constant basis.

Jsthompson79
04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
For me it would be Christopher Nolan I am a huge fan of his Dark Knight reboot and would love to work with him on another superhero trilogy. I think there are several great stories left that need to be retold a little darker. One series I'd love to redo would be The Punisher.

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Tom Cruise. He's an actor, stunt person, and I think director.

mara
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Woody Allen. Not all of his movies are great, but many are (Manhattan, Annie Hall, Match Point, Hannah and Her Sisters, among others). And working with him would (ideally!) give my entree to many great actors who work for him for well below their market value, like Scarlett Johansson, Edward Norton, Emily Mortimer, Naomi Watts, to name just a few.

myownself
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
James Cameron. People say he's underrated but the fact that he started working on Avatar when Titanic was in post-production is awesome. The man is crazy passionate.

Director
04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Woody Allen. Not all of his movies are great, but many are (Manhattan, Annie Hall, Match Point, Hannah and Her Sisters, among others). And working with him would (ideally!) give my entree to many great actors who work for him for well below their market value, like Scarlett Johansson, Edward Norton, Emily Mortimer, Naomi Watts, to name just a few.

You forgot to mention "Bullets over Broadway, Mighty Aphrodite, Stardust Memories, and Love and Death" All great Allen movies.

mara
04-30-2013, 06:59 AM
You forgot to mention "Bullets over Broadway, Mighty Aphrodite, Stardust Memories, and Love and Death" All great Allen movies.

Totally agree!
Right now I'm so tickled that the leading man (Billy Magnussen) from my feature Surviving Family (www.survivingfamily.us) just got nominated for a Tony Award for his role in the new play Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike, that I'm thinking: hey, who knows, maybe Woody Allen will want to cast HIM in a movie! Then I can say...I had him first :)

Director
04-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Totally agree!
Right now I'm so tickled that the leading man (Billy Magnussen) from my feature Surviving Family (www.survivingfamily.us) just got nominated for a Tony Award for his role in the new play Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike, that I'm thinking: hey, who knows, maybe Woody Allen will want to cast HIM in a movie! Then I can say...I had him first :)

Way to go, Mara! Yes, it always helps if someone in our films goes on to become famous, then we look like freaking geniuses :)~

MrJay10
04-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Tom Cruise. He's an actor, stunt person, and I think director.

yeah, but I heard he's a pain in the ass egotistical jerk lol

For me I think it'd be Tarantino hands down. He seems like the type that doesn't come with the bullshit, and just tells you like it is, without being a jerk. Plus he made his own fame and still reaches out to the independent filmmakers which I highly respect. It's like he still is an indie filmmaker just on a hollywood level.

SamuelR74
04-30-2013, 01:40 PM
After much consideration, I would want to work with Robert Rodriguez. I admire his tenacity and can-do attitude. But I mostly admire his thriftiness. He looks for the most cost-effective way to tell his story which in turn, keeps investors coming back for more. It doesn't get any simpler than that: Make it look like like big-budget and still come in UNDER budget = PROFIT!

Havey
04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Terrence Malick, hands down. I have really never disliked one of his movies. Such a passionate Writer and Director.

Raoul Duke
04-30-2013, 07:17 PM
THis counts as one> Joel and Ethan Coen

Director
04-30-2013, 08:49 PM
THis counts as one> Joel and Ethan Coen

I like every movie the Coen brothers have made, with the exception of "A Serious Man." Maybe I just didn't get it.

Raoul Duke
04-30-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm with you on that one. That flick was interesting, but not up snuff with their other films.