PDA

View Full Version : How to get a screenwriting agent?

Jfvideos
04-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone, I had a question regarding how to get a screenwriting agent. From what I hear it is a difficult almost unlikely thing to happen. Say you write a solid commercial b movie level screenplay. What next ?

Nick Soares
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone, I had a question regarding how to get a screenwriting agent. From what I hear it is a difficult almost unlikely thing to happen. Say you write a solid commercial b movie level screenplay. What next ?

Honestly, your next step should be to find a producer that is interested in your script and leave it up to them to find the money unless you want to find it yourself. If you need help with that then you are in the right place. Send me a message next week and I will see what I can do

marpie1171
04-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Nick is correct. Even after two options by producers who have made films, no agent was interested in representing me at least until a film was made out of one of the scripts. I was able to communicate with a mid-level agent who stated it will take more work to get signed by an agent, and to keep trying (and writing). Personally, I would prefer to have a manager rather than an agent. My understanding is that managers develop talent and make deals (with a smaller client roster), while agents just make deals (with a larger client roster). So I'll keep trying!

L A Morgan
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I think your best bet is to go to some film festivals. Lots of industry people go to them. Good luck!

Jfvideos
04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Sound advice. Thanks