PDA

View Full Version : General pricing range for scripts?

Bryce Welsh
03-31-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna sell my script. It is 63 pages, comedy, pretty good, original plot. How much should it go for? I've never tried to sell a feature before so I don't have a clue...

Nick Soares
03-31-2013, 09:59 PM
An impossible question to be honest. But if its just the average story and its only 63 pages, I have paid anywhere from $30 to $3000 for 100 page scripts

Nick Soares
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Many producers do not want to write something out, and they need to do their next project and fast because they have a deal to make 5 films a year and they only have 2 done, so these mid range producers are normally the hot buyers for standard scripts. But there are also so many options to do, some people enjoy just getting their script made, its a great feeling to see something from script to screen. Some people option their script out, and some require a deferred payment - Thinking of this, I should create a thread I can link to about "deferred payments" and "script options" (ill do that now ) :)

Bryce Welsh
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Many producers do not want to write something out, and they need to do their next project and fast because they have a deal to make 5 films a year and they only have 2 done, so these mid range producers are normally the hot buyers for standard scripts. But there are also so many options to do, some people enjoy just getting their script made, its a great feeling to see something from script to screen. Some people option their script out, and some require a deferred payment - Thinking of this, I should create a thread I can link to about "deferred payments" and "script options" (ill do that now ) :)

cool. could you link it, if it's done? :)