PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Between Two Ideas for My Next Film, Ahh!

MrJay10
03-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok so just need suggestions on which one you guys would prefer to see. I'm trying to pull together a gritty black and white Western movie with heavy spaghetti Western influences in it. Personally I'm definitely leaning towards the second one. It seems like there's a lot more I could do creatively with a clear protagonist and a clear antagonist. However the first could be interesting with the mystery around it. Idk I'm stuck! haha which do you guys like better?

Idea 1 -- A lone cowboy on the hunt for 35 grand in unclaimed drug money deep in the woodlands of South Dakota.
-A lot of scenes by himself
-A lot of ambience
-More gritty, realistic
-Really only one character it focuses on. (The main one) Everyone else is really strangers he comes across on his journey.

Idea 2 -- A female cowboy, with a huge bounty on her head, on the run, deep in the woodlands of South Dakota.
-She's pretty much a complete bad ass quick draw who everyone wants dead, but can't seem to kill
-Another bad ass bounty hunter (antagonist) who's really the only one qualified to capture her.
-More stylized, adventure-ish
-Pretty much a cat & mouse thing.

Nick Soares
03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Dude two great ideas, I would go with the #2 because its different. I think with the whole being alone thing can be really cool if you do it right.

MrJay10
03-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I just love the idea of a female cowboy as the main character, cause you almost never see that haha.

Nick Soares
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I just love the idea of a female cowboy as the main character, cause you almost never see that haha.

Just to let you know, your imdb and facebook apps are wrong, they are linking to nothing. You might want to look into that

mara
04-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Definitely #2

MrJay10
04-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Yup I'm going with number 2, its going to be titled, "Someone Get Sam"

Kevin
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I am going with the crowd here, and saying number two. It sounds like the more interesting of the two, though to be fair, number one doesn't exactly sound uninteresting.

MrJay10
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I am going with the crowd here, and saying number two. It sounds like the more interesting of the two, though to be fair, number one doesn't exactly sound uninteresting.

Yeah, I think number 2 looks like the best option. I think either can be done with a lot of originality, but number 2 just seems the most original out of the two

Jon Rigler
04-02-2013, 06:11 AM
I'd go with number two because I think a female lead would be more interesting.

Vance Baryn
04-02-2013, 08:52 AM
I'd go with number 2 because you can show tits. :-)

Director
04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
i'd go with number 2 because you can show tits. :-)
lol

Director
04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Idea 1 -- A lone cowboy on the hunt for 35 grand in unclaimed drug money deep in the woodlands of South Dakota.

I think I'm a bit confused on this one. Is this supposed to be a period piece? Because if it is, I'm not sure how convincing unclaimed drug money would be for a western.

In any case, #2 sounds like the better premise.

Kevin
04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
I'd go with number 2 because you can show tits. :-)

I didn't have the guts to SAY this.... but it is also true.

MrJay10
04-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I think I'm a bit confused on this one. Is this supposed to be a period piece? Because if it is, I'm not sure how convincing unclaimed drug money would be for a western.

In any case, #2 sounds like the better premise.

You're probably right the more I think about it. Just seems like it'd be a drama with Western stuff in it lol.