PDA

View Full Version : What is it like on a movie set?

EricTheMan
03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
I am just wondering what is like on a movie set, I have seen some behind the scenes but I know they do not show everything.

What is it like on set? (large studio film)

Is it as scary as they say?

Are people mean or nice?

Anything?

2001 Productions
03-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Why would it be scary?

It's a job site. There are dozens of skilled craftspersons, each doing individual tasks in accordance with their skill set, working together toward a common goal. It's a bit like a construction site, but without hard hats. I only imagine it would be scary to someone who doesn't belong there, as they could get in the way and/or get hurt. Some of the equipment is heavy and dangerous.

If you are in the way, people can get short with you. But if you have a beer with them after wrap, they're usually pretty cool.

Vance Baryn
03-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Yep, pretty much what 2001 productions said. It's just people doing their job. Just like any job, if you're brand new at it, you could certainly find it stressful until you build up some experience and more confidence. Just like any job, if you get in the way of other people doing their job, or do your job poorly, it could piss people off. But as long as you're there to work (or at least don't annoy the people who are) there's nothing particularly scary about it.