PDA

View Full Version : Trailer from my latest film

Director
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys

Here's the trailer from my latest film. You probably won't be able to understand what the actors are saying since it's in a foreign language, so I'll give you a quick synopsis.

Title: Don't Look in the Closet
Genre: Horror

A man who's cynical about anything spiritual, moves into a house where two years before a double murder/suicide took place. His beliefs in the afterlife start to change once he starts seeing the former occupants.

Starring: Lasha Phatsavong, Khanitta Khounphannavong, Art Phonethong, Sam Pakam, Fong Soukhaseum, Terri Mathi, Kenny Che, Hong Noi, with Pone Phummithone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1d9cMOTrmI&feature=share&list=PLOsRoBdyy2u2nUH3XYEWKJMm44j_uxceF

Nick Soares
03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Well I don't know what you spend on this, but I know a market that would pay about 15K for this right now

Mark
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
The special effects looks cool, but I felt the audio was a tad bit bad. i hope you do not get upset with me over this, I just thought it was bad audio. What language is it in?

Director
03-29-2013, 05:43 PM
The special effects looks cool, but I felt the audio was a tad bit bad. i hope you do not get upset with me over this, I just thought it was bad audio. What language is it in?

Dear Mark, when I find you, your ass is MINE! Bwahahahahahaha

Just kidding. Actually good call on your part. This was a rush job (3 days) for a partner in Asia working on a distribution deal. I have not cleaned one single second of the audio. The entire project is still in post, and I usually wait until the finished cut is final before I tackle the audio.

The language is Lao. Many years ago I started working with the Asian communities in production, so I work with Chinese, Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian, and Thai.

Director
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Just keeping it alive :)~

Mark
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
What did you guys film it on?

Director
03-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Sony HDR AX2000

Bryce Welsh
03-30-2013, 10:05 PM
If it was in english, I'd watch it!

Who am I kidding, I'd pee myself

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-20-2013, 09:03 AM
That looks really good! I think the lighting was a little dark sometimes, but overall amazing. It is very intense, even though I don't know exactly what they were saying. The vfx were good too, but didn't hold up when he was waving his flashlight around and there was the pillar that was kind of cut off. (right around 1 minute in.) Good job!

Director
04-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Thank you, and thanks for watching.

Rich
04-21-2013, 05:49 AM
I live in bangkok. I think you wouldn't have too much trouble finding a market for this kind of thing here. The thais are gaga for their ghosts

Director
04-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Rich

Here's a movie I did using almost all Thai actors. You might recognize some of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_azNvbhoQs&feature=share&list=PLOsRoBdyy2u2nUH3XYEWKJMm44j_uxceF

Rich
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
"The felonies are piling up!" I love it. Nice job. I think the locals would love this.

As for my trailer: My protagonist is walking a long lonely road in the trailer. No doubt. I'll take another look through it. Re the voice overs: the narrator's voice is the voice of my lead actor. Can't change that though I've been working with him on delivery. The character's not a sinister guy though so it won't be changing too much.

If you have a minute check out the teaser (48 seconds) and let me know if you think that's better.

http://theshadowseamovie.blogspot.com/2013/04/first-teaser-trailer-for-shadow-sea.html

Thanks again for the input.

Director
04-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Re the voice overs: the narrator's voice is the voice of my lead actor. Can't change that though I've been working with him on delivery. The character's not a sinister guy though so it won't be changing too much.

Hey Rich. Let me start by saying how much I envy you living in Bangkok. It's really an awesome city, and one of my favorite places. I hope to return and make a movie there soon.

About the lead actor. To me it sounds like there no expression in his voice, like he's just saying the lines. He should watch some old Clint Eastwood movies and copy the voice style. Get him to talk deeper, maybe a little raspier. Take him out on an all night drinking bing and have him chain smoke 3 packs of cigarettes, that should do the trick.

But all in all, you're doing a great job. It's actually hard to make Bangkok look like a seedy place. Most people don't realize how clean it really is.

Rich
04-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Hey Rich. Let me start by saying how much I envy you living in Bangkok. It's really an awesome city, and one of my favorite places. I hope to return and make a movie there soon.

About the lead actor. To me it sounds like there no expression in his voice, like he's just saying the lines. He should watch some old Clint Eastwood movies and copy the voice style. Get him to talk deeper, maybe a little raspier. Take him out on an all night drinking bing and have him chain smoke 3 packs of cigarettes, that should do the trick.

But all in all, you're doing a great job. It's actually hard to make Bangkok look like a seedy place. Most people don't realize how clean it really is.

Yeah it's my kind of town. Right now it's mid 90s outside, just like yesterday and the day before and the day before and the....

what I want voice-wise out of my lead is a kind of dark sincerity. He'll bend over backwards to help someone who's been good to him but air you out if you cross him. Trying to turn that into a vocal style is going to be one of the challenges going forward. He's a good actor though with a lot of experience in big productions who is committed to the project so I have faith he'll nail it in the long run.

Re bkk and seediness: the discrepancy between the haves and have nots here is gi-normous and that's part of the story. I went down to klong toei to shoot one night. Not a lot of tourists down there.

Zen 786
04-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Hi Director,
I watched both the trailers, liked them. How do you market these films?

Zen 786
04-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi Director,

Director
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi Director,

Hi Zen, and thanks for watching.

RE: Marketing these films: Tied in Knots, is well, tied up in a quagmire right now. We're having some rights issues with some of the music but that should be straightened out pretty soon. Went down a lot of false in terms of distribution, but I think we're going to go with Distribber for national distribution, and then sells the rights to foreign markets through an agent.

For "Don't look in the Closet", I'm not really sure at this point.