PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Welsh

Bryce Welsh
03-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi! My name is Bryce! And I am one of the rare junior filmmakers that actually knows what he's doing. I see so many kids running around taping themselves on their iPhones, who tell me "we like to make short films!" But when I ask if I can be their Gaffer and they don't know what that means...grrrrrrrr.

Unfortunately, directing a fantasy film, which is what I am doing right now, is not very easy at my age. Since filmmaking is what I have been doing for the past 8 years, I have been saving up. "Action Studios" (what we call ourselves) has about 700 bucks. That is a lot for our age, but age doesn't matter when it comes down to the fact that filmmaking is expensive.

I was hoping that this site could help me out in the process of the film I'm working on, and the ones I plan to work on afterwords. Hope I can meet a good community of filmmakers on here!

~Bryce Welsh

Nick Soares
03-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Well keep it up, make sure that you don't get to cocky, like about the gather deal why go "grrrrrr" I know lots of people that call themselves filmmakers and even if you have a iphone pointed at your head and you are cutting it together then you have every right be call yourself a filmmaker. There are photographers that do not know what a light meter is, but they are still really good at what they do. Non the less, I like your thought process on everything else, so keep it up and make sure to ask anything and everything here at Filmmaker Forum.

Nick

Bryce Welsh
03-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Well keep it up, make sure that you don't get to cocky, like about the gather deal why go "grrrrrr" I know lots of people that call themselves filmmakers and even if you have a iphone pointed at your head and you are cutting it together then you have every right be call yourself a filmmaker. There are photographers that do not know what a light meter is, but they are still really good at what they do. Non the less, I like your thought process on everything else, so keep it up and make sure to ask anything and everything here at Filmmaker Forum.

Nick

Thanks. Sorry if that sounded a bit cocky. :) When I wrote this last night I had just had a ver frustrating filming day.

Troy
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the site! You sound like a really dedicated person and starting at a young age is a really great idea due to much more freedom. I hope to see some of your films sometime in the near future.

Mark
03-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome [#]Bryce Welsh[/#]!!!! Glad to have you be a part of this community, learn as much as you can as fast as you can!