PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Rich
03-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone,
Glad to see there are places like this where independent film makers can commiserate.
I've been a visual artist my whole life. I've spent much of my creative energy on painting but I've delved into super8 and 16mm film, as well as video, at various times in the past.
Now I'm embarked on a film project that's been 4 years in the making. It's just in the past year I realized the story would be best served as a film and so I'm in preproduction as I write this. The film will be a feature length noir/mystery and will be called "The Shadow Sea". At this point I haven't decided whether to go with indiegogo or kickstarter for the financing campaign but that decision will be made in the very near future.
I have a production blog up where you can find out more about the history of the story and what's going on now. The address for that is: "http://theshadowseamovie.blogspot.com/"
there is also a facebook page for the project here: "https://www.facebook.com/theshadowsea"
I'm looking forward to going through filmmakerforum and checking out everyone's projects being amazed.
Richard Chambers
writer/director
The Shadow Sea

Kevin
03-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Welcome to the forums! You know, I have an actual 8mm camera. I really need to track down film for it sometime.

Paul77
03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Welcome Richard, looking forward to checking out your work as well!

Troy
03-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the film maker forum! :D

Rich
04-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Sorry to be so long getting back here. I've been completely caught up with the project. Thanks for the warm welcomes and I look forward to spending more time on here.

Rich
04-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Man, 8mm seems like so long ago now. Cutting and taping together pieces of film with the reel to reel editor. In some ways I really miss the tactile aspect of making movies that way. On the other hand there's no denying that digital opens up a whole world of possibilities.

SamuelR74
04-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Welcome!