PDA

View Full Version : The "Get To Know Each Other" thread

myownself
03-06-2013, 06:14 PM
So we've all posted introduction threads, tell everybody a little about ourselves. I though it'd be cool to get to know each other better though. We can really discuss anything we wish here. We can have times where we have a specific topic to talk about or just chill and chat.

Right now, I figured we could all share why we are in this industry.

For me, it's because I want to impact the world through my passions. I love film and everything to do with it. I want to create movies, that for the most part, change the way people think. A big chunk of the movie industry has turned to trash film. Of course I want to make some movies for fun once and a while. I'm a huge fan of horror so I want to make a few of those movies too. I really want to explore pretty much every genre.

Nick Soares
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I just realized I don't have a thread anywhere to even explain who I am, great Idea. I will edit this when I get time

myownself
03-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Haha thanks! Looking forward to reading it.

Troy
03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm just a guy who really likes working on film with people. Though i always run into many road blocks i try and keep pushing towards my ultimate goal of making a living out of my passion. I do what ever i can to help others out with what ever little things i can do.

myownself
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice! That's my outlook in a way too!

Kevin
03-07-2013, 08:01 AM
One day, while sitting around a table, a few friends, my wife, and myself brought up the idea of doing a webseries. We thought it'd be fun (And are currently in pre-production on one of two ideas).

I started researching how to go about it, then I started researching indie-film because I didn't feel like I was finding anything helpful. Then I found myself really, really passionate about the whole thing.

Basically, I stumbled into it, and now find that this is something I really, really want to do. Need to do, really.

AlphaFilms
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I name is Angelo, I am not so much new to filmmaking, but I am new to feature films