PDA

View Full Version : War movie - short film

wekster
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi, recently I`ve made my first action short film and would like to know what yout think for my first try.
Film is called "War Movie" original, yes I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIhIEQeUnzM

So, what you think?

Larry
02-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Interesting- What role did you have in this film?

What was your budget?

What was this shot on?

How long did it take you from prep to in the can.?

wekster
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi Larry
I was director, editor, vfx guy, camera operator.
Budget was less than 10 dolars (tea & coffee).
Weapon & gear was from Airsoft team from my town.
Prep? about 10 hours before we start filming and editing, music, sfx & vfx about one week.

Larry
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
What camera did you use?

wekster
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Canon 5Dmk 2, 7D & 550D

Nick Soares
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Theres some talent there my friend, keep it up.

wekster
02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Thank You Nick, I will.

Edward 40hands
03-06-2012, 07:25 PM
nice. what did you color grade with? was it a camera plugin or software? i really liked it

2001 Productions
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice movement of camera.

roninfilmer
03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Felt cinematic. Did you shoot on t2i?

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Mini movie theatre - why not start marketing your site legitly, instead of spamming a bunch of threads and getting banned here and also loosing respect? You have 30 minutes to delete your other posts before you get banned and your website is banned.

MiniMovieTheater
04-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Why are you harrasing us? We are not spamming, we're letting people know about our new website. If they want to respond, that is up to them. I have followed the rules of the forum.

You are just upset because our site is better than yours and it's FREE! You just wan to make money off of these filmmakers! You may have corporate support, but some of us are still grass roots.

Mike_Daniels
04-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Why are you harrasing us? We are not spamming, we're letting people know about our new website. If they want to respond, that is up to them. I have followed the rules of the forum.

You are just upset because our site is better than yours and it's FREE! You just wan to make money off of these filmmakers! You may have corporate support, but some of us are still grass roots.

lets just get along, hate to see anyone get booted;)

Mike_Daniels
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
It was not our intention to cause any problems. If anybody has a problem, just let us know, and we will remove the post.
We have been trying to spread the word of the site by going to film festivals, and talking to people on forums. If somebody knows a better way to reach filmmakers, we are open to suggestions. The vast majority of filmmakers we talk to, are supportive, and really like MiniMovieTheater. I guess Nick is worried about the competition. Sorry if he thinks it will hurt your corporate bottom line.

i got your PM, just go to post and click on the edit button, and write something nice:)

M5Boss
04-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Mini, it's fine that you want to promote what you are doing... however, there's a right way and wrong way to do this within a forum setting. what you have done is the wrong way, the right way would be.. signing up, posting 50-60 posts at least - that provide great content, possibly answering other forum members questions and giving great feedback. Once you have made yourself a member of the community and proven you know what you are talking about, then you can promote but only then - and the best way to do that is through a signature graphic or some sort of indirect offer... direct offers dont work well UNLESS you are THE authority figure here... if you are, then you can do that sort of thing and get away with it.

Welcome to the forum, i look forward to seeing your future posts.

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 10:02 AM
It was not our intention to cause any problems. If anybody has a problem, just let us know, and we will remove the post.
We have been trying to spread the word of the site by going to film festivals, and talking to people on forums. If somebody knows a better way to reach filmmakers, we are open to suggestions. The vast majority of filmmakers we talk to, are supportive, and really like MiniMovieTheater. I guess Nick is worried about the competition. Sorry if he thinks it will hurt your corporate bottom line.

People enjoy coming here to read what has been posted, no need to copy and paste your message in 10 different threads all being the exact same thing, it just looks like a spam bot. Many websites dont even allow other film sites posted, but this site does, so you should appriciate that.

You should make a thread and post more info on what it is you are offering, and allow people to choose of they want to go there, not have very little info.

So feel free and make a thread, but just do not post the same message all over the place...

Nick

MiniMovieTheater
04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
I was just trying to help a friend promote his site. I really didn't think it would be a problem, but I'm new to this sort of thing. I apologize if I caused any issues, and would be happy to remove all the posts from the site, if I had the ability.

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I was just trying to help a friend promote his site. I really didn't think it would be a problem, but I'm new to this sort of thing. I apologize if I caused any issues, and would be happy to remove all the posts from the site, if I had the ability.

No problem, go ahead and start a new thread... Do you need assistance in doing this?