PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.... Hello!

EliJacob
03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and I just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

I am a film student (with not too much experience). I have been interested in Photographer/Filmmaking for a long time and hope to pursue this as a career. I have always had an interest in both comedy and fantasy. I have written a couple scripts in both of those genres.

I am currently working on a film thats been heavily inspired by J.R.R Tolkien's works, Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion and the Hobbit. I have been preparing for the production of this film and am hoping that everything will run as smooth as I think it will.

Anyway, this forum looks like a welcoming and inspiring place, so I thought I'd check it out!

Frank
03-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome Eli, have you ever watched the BTS of Lord of the rings? So good, and it was inspiring for me so much so that the Behind The Scenes of movies is what got me pumped for filmmaking!!! I have already learned so much here, I look at this forum as a free Filmmaking Support website. Nice to have you

Paul77
03-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Welcome Eli Jacob. What are you currently working on, and what are your goals?

EliJacob
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Frank, I have watched the Production videos from The Hobbit. And it was so inspiring, I agree. That is one thing that really inspired me!

Paul, I am currently working on a short film based on LOTR. It is kind of a add-on to the life of the character Radagast the Brown. My goal for now is to complete this project and have it look as professional as i possibly can, my budget is so small its practically non-existant so, we'll see how it goes.

Paul77
03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Sweet Eli, just remember that with the tech nowadays you can create a VERY professional short with a "shoe string" budget!

Havey
03-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forum! Keep at it. You might not have much experience now but you will have a lot of knowledge by sticking around these parts.......trust me.

Troy
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome! I hope we can help you on your journey to success ;).

dory811
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm new to the forum and a film student too! Your project sounds cool, I hope it comes together for you, is it feature length or is it a short?

myownself
03-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Sounds like and awesome project!

Welcome to the site, and trust me, you'll learn a lot here and maybe meet some people that can help you personally in the future. I personally have found one of my cameramen for my short film on this site.

EliJacob
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Thats awesome! Thank you so much everyone! I already feel very welcome here.

And my film is going to be a short. Probably 15-20 minutes.