PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity regarding St. Louis Metro Area

Kevin
03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm curious, and figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Is there anyone running around here from the St. Louis Metro area? Well, other than myself, of course.

I just figured it'd be cool to find out, if nothing else. Besides, you'd think the Arch would make people WANT to film something.

Kevin
03-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Well gee, now I feel kind of lonely. So I expand. How about in Southern Illinois or North Eastern Missouri? And Chicago... while I'd love to hear from you too Southern Illinois doesn't start just south of Chicago...heh.

Nick Soares
03-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Ha, dont feel lonely, this forum is only 1 year old. Users should do what they can to get more members here, this is an advertising free site and people can even make money here :)

Also, the FMF pretty much puts everyone in one location :0

Kevin
03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Ahh well, will just have to try to draw people in, then. If I ever find them...heh.

dory811
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
If it's worth anything I love Chicago and have wanted to move there for years. Annnddd I was in St Louis pretty recently and it's a really cool city, very old city industrial looking - made me think of The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair.

Fun fact: Missouri has a pretty decent film incentive program (maybe that's not helpful on your taxes if you're not a studio :( but it does mean local jobs are out there for you if you're looking for some production work opportunities)

dory811
03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
If it's worth anything I love Chicago and have wanted to move there for years. Annnddd I was in St Louis pretty recently and it's a really cool city, very old city industrial looking - made me think of The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair.

Fun fact: Missouri has a pretty decent film incentive program (maybe that's not helpful on your taxes if you're not a studio :( but it does mean local jobs are out there for you if you're looking for some production work opportunities)

Kevin
03-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks Dory! And yeah, St. Louis has a lot of the Old School buildings about. It's what happens when you don't burn yourself down like Chicago...heh.